E-flite X-vert

Donamy

A WIP. My first twin and it has to land on it's tail. I'll need help from the gurus on this one.

Attachments

• E-flite X-vert.jpg
    E-flite X-vert.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 39
trying to figure out the flying modes for this to fly. How would you get it to start on it's tail ?

I've been trying to get it to work, from hand launching in the mean time. I'm using the VTOL controller, with some issues (lack of knowledge the biggest one). Would it be better if I use the spektrum controller instead?

I've been trying to get it to work, from hand launching in the mean time. I'm using the VTOL controller, with some issues (lack of knowledge the biggest one). Would it be better if I use the spektrum controller instead?

I am old school I would use either gyros and afs gyros because thats what I know now to program or fly it by the seat of my pants no electronuic nannies.

It can be done. Take a look at this model:

https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/9467

screenshot1239634667_79q_thumb.jpg

To get rid of the wobble on it go into the Electronics and then Mixers. Change both the Left and Right Elevon mixes to Maximum instead of Add.

You may need to use helicopter physics on the X-Vert to get it to fly right and hover. Otherwise it will be stuck in airplane mode.

Last edited:
Possibly take a look at the Harrier models on swaps for ideas. Those transition which is what you want this one to do.

I believe this is going to need a complete different set of physics to fly right. I've managed to get it somewhat airborne and steerable. But after a while it tips in one direction and you can't bring it back. And this is using the spektrum controller and some other editing "magic".

Remember the first flying wing everyone ? It wasn't easy to get airborne or fly once it was. Without computers these things just don't stabilize easily.

First flying wing:

220px-XB-35.jpg

I'm trying something with the E-flite Convergence, I can't get the Airplane model to fly without the stability being selected. I have the controls the same as the convergence I believe.

I believe this is going to need a complete different set of physics to fly right. I've managed to get it somewhat airborne and steerable. But after a while it tips in one direction and you can't bring it back. And this is using the spektrum controller and some other editing "magic".

Remember the first flying wing everyone ? It wasn't easy to get airborne or fly once it was. Without computers these things just don't stabilize easily.

First flying wing:

220px-XB-35.jpg

the XB-35 and YB-49 fly fine in RF. no gyro no stabilization. and it more or less flies the same as full scale. It wanders back and forth in the yaw axis never unrecoverable though

I'm trying something with the E-flite Convergence, I can't get the Airplane model to fly without the stability being selected. I have the controls the same as the convergence I believe.

Be interesting to see what you came up with. Hope I was some help. Maybe I was over-complicating things.

Edit: Got it flying .. check your email:) Still not sure how to get it into hover mode though. Maybe it's why HH did the convergence instead of the X-Vert. BTW I was confusing the two models (old age and didn't own any ever).

Last edited:
It's flying great in airplane mode now. Elevons, rudder, everything working good.
Maybe a few more tweaks yet.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1567432411.jpg
    ScreenShot1567432411.jpg
    381.5 KB · Views: 25
Back