Editing Airports (Photofields) and Trees

lovelesspl

I am editing our photofiedl that I created for G3.5 for G4. Taking out objects from the add-ons and replacing them with objects from the default G4 Install.

I was disappointed to find out that you still can not add a tree and turn it invisible like you can with all other objects. Just using objects for collision data and then turning them invisible with the rendering option for the objects. The trees do ot have this option.

Just a couple questions.

1.) What are other poeple doing for collision data for trees? I have tried using other objects, but using a tree would be ideal.

2.) Could the rendering option be added to the trees in a future patch so they cold be turned invisible and just used for colision data? Is this something already in the works?

Thanks

Are the developers looking at just making the trees so they could have the rendering turned off? There are severl different shaped trees to pick from if I could just turn them invisible. This would make a much more accurate collision model.

I saw the one uder the depth buffer but they are all fat and short. This wouldn't work too well for tall skinny trees.

Thanks for the answer about the depth buffer folder I will give it a shot and see if I can make it work. It might be better than using the other objects such as telephone poles and antenna towers.

Thanks

Back