EError 3994. I-Controller Entry does not appear inControl Panel

R

rayden25

Here is the fix that took me 7 days to get. They couldn't put this in the KB article?

When you unplug and plug back in the USB InterLink Controller or I-Controller I am sure that the 6 Axis 5 Button controller will disappear, though I recommend checking to make sure. What has happened is Windows is not reading the information correctly from the USB InterLink Controller and is therefore reporting it incorrectly. However, it is not to worry, this CAN be FIXED!

The instructions to do this are technical (I have made them as easy as I can) and do require a bit of skill. Before you attempt to resolve this problem make sure that you feel comfortable following the instructions. You are going to be entering in an area of Windows where you can make DRASTIC changes that can affect the way Windows Works. Please do not deviate from my instructions and if you feel uncomfortable doing this give us a call so we can help you through it.

1. First write down exactly what appears in the Windows Game Controller screen.
for example 6 axis 5 buttons
2. Close all open windows.
3. Click on Start
4. Click on Run
5. Type REGEDIT and click ok.
6. Maximize the window that opens.
7. Select on the left side My Computer by clicking on it.
8. Click on Edit
9. Click on Find
10. Type in the name you found in step 1 in the box for Find what: 11. Click on Find Next 12. You should "find" one occurrence that has
OEMName REG_SZ 6 axis 5 Button (or what ever
the name was)
13.Right Click over this line and edit the name to say I-Controller
(I=i)
14. Exit the registry editor and now you can run RealFlight G2.

rayden25 said:
Here is the fix that took me 7 days to get. They couldn't put this in the KB article?

When you unplug and plug back in the USB InterLink Controller or I-Controller I am sure that the 6 Axis 5 Button controller will disappear, though I recommend checking to make sure. What has happened is Windows is not reading the information correctly from the USB InterLink Controller and is therefore reporting it incorrectly. However, it is not to worry, this CAN be FIXED!

The instructions to do this are technical (I have made them as easy as I can) and do require a bit of skill. Before you attempt to resolve this problem make sure that you feel comfortable following the instructions. You are going to be entering in an area of Windows where you can make DRASTIC changes that can affect the way Windows Works. Please do not deviate from my instructions and if you feel uncomfortable doing this give us a call so we can help you through it.

1. First write down exactly what appears in the Windows Game Controller screen.
for example 6 axis 5 buttons
2. Close all open windows.
3. Click on Start
4. Click on Run
5. Type REGEDIT and click ok.
6. Maximize the window that opens.
7. Select on the left side My Computer by clicking on it.
8. Click on Edit
9. Click on Find
10. Type in the name you found in step 1 in the box for Find what: 11. Click on Find Next 12. You should "find" one occurrence that has
OEMName REG_SZ 6 axis 5 Button (or what ever
the name was)
13.Right Click over this line and edit the name to say I-Controller
(I=i)
14. Exit the registry editor and now you can run RealFlight G2.

I am trying to install G2 on Vista, but cannot get past this issue. Game controller in Control Panel indicates I-Controller.

Can someone help? Support does not answer emails, calling them is no use - was on hold for three hours no response.

Back