Eflite Viper with As3X & Safe.

TedBull

Can someone model up the Viper with AS3X, Safe, working flaps, and a close representation of the E-flite Viper color scheme? It does not seam that RF8 and Horizon are going to add any more models anytime soon. Or are they?

Update on the E-flite Viper EDF.

Ready for texturing.

Attachments

• Viper update.jpg
    Viper update.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 27
Texturing finished. Now to put it into MAX.

Can anyone tell me, how to join objects together, in MAX, that were split up in the import process ?

Attachments

• update2.jpg
    update2.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 25
Texturing finished. Now to put it into MAX.

Can anyone tell me, how to join objects together, in MAX, that were split up in the import process ?

The way I attach objects is select the base object in vertex mode then look for the Edit Geometry section in the side bar menu and select the Attach button. The Attach button stays selected then select each object you want to attach to the base object one at a time and they're attached. Once you're finished attaching objects select the Attach button again to turn it off.

Last edited:
Thanks that did the trick.

I've attached the LG and RG to the MW(main wing) and the SG to the Fuselage, but the gear won't retract. Any ideas ? Do I have to have a left and right wing ?

OPPS.. I was going to make that post longer to explain better. You don't need to 'attach' the landing gear parts like that for RF you attach them in the schematic to the same parts but they aren't really connected they're just children of the wing and fuselage. What I was explaining is something like this.

You want a Radio Object and have a rectangle for the body, and two cylinders for the tunning knob and volume control. But if you want the Radio to only be one Object instead of three (body, tunning knob, volume knob) you would do what I explained which connects all three objects as One Object.

But you normally connect the main parts of the plane in the Schematic not make them One Object like the Attach command does.

Have you read this basic tutorial on the KE site?

https://www.knifeedge.com/KEmax/plane_tutorial.php

I found the problem.

It needed a simple input added to the Spektrum Flight Controller, assigned to channel 8. Now it works great.

Is there a reducing section in MAX to make a collision part ?

I create new parts for the collision mesh and keep the complexity low on them. They just need to outline the inner part to detect collisions. In older versions of RF the collision mesh was limited to 1500 tringles for the whole plane.

I create new parts for the collision mesh and keep the complexity low on them. They just need to outline the inner part to detect collisions. In older versions of RF the collision mesh was limited to 1500 tringles for the whole plane.

Thanks.

Back