Elijah Holman RC

Eli 3D Shootout_AP

Hmmm... Ok. I tried uninstalling the file and related items. Then redownloaded and reinstalled the file with the same results. I figured the shooting sounds were part of the Eli *Shootout* charm. I'm hearing constant sounds like metal clanking around in a dryer or rounds bouncing off of, or going through a thin-skinned vehicle. I'll just turn the sound off since this is a really great place to fly! Thanks for your willingness to help.

Hmmm... Ok. I tried uninstalling the file and related items. Then redownloaded and reinstalled the file with the same results. I figured the shooting sounds were part of the Eli *Shootout* charm. I'm hearing constant sounds like metal clanking around in a dryer or rounds bouncing off of, or going through a thin-skinned vehicle. I'll just turn the sound off since this is a really great place to fly! Thanks for your willingness to help.
What version of RealFlight are you using? I ask because RF EVO has new ambient sounds, but older versions don't. It is possible to disable the ambient sounds in RF EVO. Here's how to disable them.

There are different sounds in different airfields. To turn them off press ESC to open the menu.

Settings->Audio->Sound Levels->Airport Sounds

Turn off Airport Sounds Enabled

Last edited:
That's really strange. I'm not an expert, so I wouldn't know how to fix it. Sorry. Thanks, I like how it turned out

What version of RealFlight are you using? I ask because RF EVO has new ambient sounds, but older versions don't. It is possible to disable the ambient sounds in RF EVO. Here's how to disable them.

There are different sounds in different airfields. To turn them off press ESC to open the menu.

Settings->Audio->Sound Levels->Airport Sounds

Turn off Airport Sounds Enabled
I forgot to mention the version in my original post. Initially, I (re)installed it in RF Evo.

Later I tried it in RF9.5 with better sound results. The "crackling" only happened at the beginning of the flight and a few times at the end of the flight. I did immediately notice that the scenery in general was less nice in RF9.5, and it seemed that there was a lot of "lightning" type flashing in the clouds from the 11 o'clock to 3 o'clock positions. I figured that your fine work might not be backward compatible, so I uninstalled it from RF9.5

Although I have been simulating RC flight sporadically since RF6, I only began tinkering with adding a plane or scenery to RF9.5 in the last 4 months. I have no experience with editing sceneries or aircraft at all in RealFlight series. I just bought RF Evo last week.

I will follow your audio edit suggestion and report back.

EDIT: No change in results after following the settings adjustment.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention the version in my original post. Initially, I (re)installed it in RF Evo.

Later I tried it in RF9.5 with better sound results. The "crackling" only happened at the beginning of the flight and a few times at the end of the flight. I did immediately notice that the scenery in general was less nice in RF9.5, and it seemed that there was a lot of "lightning" type flashing in the clouds from the 11 o'clock to 3 o'clock positions. I figured that your fine work might not be backward compatible, so I uninstalled it from RF9.5

Although I have been simulating RC flight sporadically since RF6, I only began tinkering with adding a plane or scenery to RF9.5 in the last 4 months. I have no experience with editing sceneries or aircraft at all in RealFlight series. I just bought RF Evo last week.

I will follow your audio edit suggestion and report back.

EDIT: No change in results after following the settings adjustment.
Okay, cool. I just wanted to mention it.

Back