Erickson Sky Crane won't lift.

mwilson914

I tried the Erickson SkyCrane and it won't lift off the ground. It moves around on the ground, but won't lift off the ground. Is anyone else having this problem? It works in G4.5 and G5.5.

http://mwilson914.jimdo.com/hidden-gems-password-required/

you guys should remember the easy password that have it. If not, then send me a PM. The latest version EA is dated 3-17-2011

Attachments

• ScreenShot1320256254.jpg
    ScreenShot1320256254.jpg
    443.4 KB · Views: 16
I tried increasing the power torque percentage and also tried increasing the thrust of the turbine and neither option works. I also tried Maxx's Mil MI-26 and it doesn't lift off the ground either.

My Gaui Hurricane 550 CFS works no problem, so lower blade count EA's made by me work. I think maybe there could possibly be an issue with helicopters with more than four blades, though I haven't tried a four blade heli yet. I will.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1320257384.jpg
    ScreenShot1320257384.jpg
    388.5 KB · Views: 6
I just checked the MD-500 from the Add-ons and it works. That heli has 5 blades. So KE created helis with many blades work fine. I'll see if user created EA's with four or more blades continues to show this issue.

Mine won't fly. Matt, they made some changes to the heli mechanics settings. You have an overage on the engine to rotor ratio. Also the max fully engaged rpm is now 20,000

Don't panic Matt, it'll fly. Just got to get that headspeed up. It's only showing 220 rpm on the rotor.

td9cowboy said:
Don't panic Matt, it'll fly. Just got to get that headspeed up. It's only showing 220 rpm on the rotor.

Thanks. Panic button is now in the off position. I had to set the engine to rotor ratio back down to 45. Somehow it changed itself to 145. I didn't notice the low headspeed because I wasn't using nav guides. Now I just need to get the gyros functioning correctly for RF6.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1320260741.jpg
    ScreenShot1320260741.jpg
    442.1 KB · Views: 10
I've also got it flying. The wobble is the gyros. Our findings are the same.

Last edited:
Matt there is a new 3 axis gyro available in 6 that's not too hard to figure out if you want to combine those three gyros. Not sure what effect that will have on backward comparability though.

Last edited:
Your normal throttle curves are going to need ramped up on the front end to keep that headspeed up on decent. Disregard if you are using the governor.

Last edited:
Back