Error console command does not open

Andre Medeiros

Hi

I am from Brazil. Today I have installed realflight 7. My keyboard is portuguese ABNT(Brazil) and it has ~ Key operates normally in Windows enviroment and
aplicattions.

However when I typed ~ Key in Real Flight the console command does not open. Console is not shown in screen after pressing ~ Key

I would like to open console in order to change aircraft model by loadvehicle (old loadaircraft) comand when training menu option is selected as I have done
in previus real flight versions.

According RF7 manual pressingl the ~ key should open console.

System operating windows 7 32 bits
Regional configuration Portuguese (Brazil)
Keyboard portuguese ABNT (Brazil)

Could you help me.
Thank you

Last edited:
I wouldn't know how to fix the ~ key problem, but you could try pressing the ctrl and F keys together and type the name of the aircraft there.

CTRL + F does not operate also when training menu option is selected.
It is not possible change heli model in training with CONTROL + F Keys.

It seems to be a keyboard problem... the console opens in the three trainers that I have tested. Maybe look and see if there is another control or alt key combination that will generate the ~ symbol for you.

Hi

I have tested in two computers - one notebook and one desktop.
The same problem ocurr in both. These issue does not ocurr in previous
real flight versions installed in same computers.

Could be a bug related to language keyboard portuguese.

~ is portuguese accent. In order to write ~ I have to type ~key + space key.

These key sequence works in previous RF version G4, G5 but it dont work in
RF7.

System Operanting is windows 7 idiom portuguese.

I don't know if this will help, but you can have multiple language keyboards installed in Windows 7 (and others) and switch from one keyboard to another with a couple of keystrokes.

I am just suggesting this as an intermediate work around. I am pretty sure the KE guys will pick up and fix this for you.

Last edited:
Hi
I have switched language keyboard to US international keyboiard and English]
Language. It does not work also.

I am sure KE guys will pick up it and fix this bug.

Thank you

Try finding the "`" key.

It's a single quote, but with a reversed slant. It's commonly called the "backtick".

Looking here it seems it might be to the right of the P key.

Please let me know if that works.

Jim

Hi Jim

I tested "´" and "`" Keys. It does not work. I have tested in both
desktop and notebook computer. Other portuguese accent Keys were
tested also without sucess.

I have observed menu gadgets does not include console option to invoke this function directly without pressing any key. There are several options like binocular, navguides, radio, variometer, multiplayer etc except console.

I was considering possibility of knife edge had removed console in Real Flight 7. But RF 7 manual and other user in this fórum has informed that functionality is presented in RF 7.

~ Key + space key open console in Realflight G5 and G6 installed on same computer that I have installed RF 7. The console does not open only in RF7 when pressing ~key + space key.

Thank you for help.

Last edited:
OK then, try the scatter approach... try all keys... then try all shift+key, then control+key, then Alt+key, then alt+shift+key... I know it is the scatter approach.

I'm gonna go ahead and repost this from Adam.

This is a known issue. There are two workarounds available:

1) Install and use an English or otherwise compatible keyboard layout when running RealFlight. This can be done through a Windows control panel.

2) Bind a separate keyboard input to open the console by editing the Documents\RealFlight 7\Scripts\startup.rfscript file in a text editor. For example, adding the following line will allow you to open the console with the numpad's 0 key:

bind num_0 gadget_console

Control + Shift + C Works to open console in RF 7. Thank you

I have verified previous versionsof RF 5, 6 and 6.5 pressing ~ is able to open console using this same keyboard.

I'm not sure what to say, except that I get the exact same results in 6.0, 6.5, and 7 when using the "Portuguese (Brazilian ABNT)" keyboard layout. I can't open the console in any of them via the tick or tilde keys.

I can do it in 4.5 and 5.5, but it requires two keypresses: tilde, then some other key.

If you don't like using Ctrl+Shift+C, you can bind a key of your own choosing as described above and put that in your startup script so you don't have to do it every time you run RealFlight.

Back