Error initializing disk pool

helisngold

I'm receive this error everytime "Error initialing disk pool" I try to start 6.5 on Windows 7. Worked fine on XP before the upgrade. Any help would be appreciated.

How did you upgrade from XP to Win 7?

Did you reformat your hard drive and install everything from scratch?

Also are you running X86 or X64 ?

Have you applied all updates?

Is the error occurring when you run the launcher or when the launcher starts the main program?

Did you install the program by right clicking on the setup files and selecting "run as administrator"?

Did you do the same when you ran Realflight the first time?

More info would certainly help, as well as answering ALL of the above questions...

embbed....

How did you upgrade from XP to Win 7? it was a full install of Windows 7 home premium. Had to use the custom install according to MS>

Did you reformat your hard drive and install everything from scratch? Disk was not reformatted. Followed the microsoft instructions

Also are you running X86 or X64 ? X86

Have you applied all updates? yes

Is the error occurring when you run the launcher or when the launcher starts the main program? Launcher starts main program

Did you install the program by right clicking on the setup files and selecting "run as administrator"? no, my id has all the administrator privilages.

Did you do the same when you ran Realflight the first time? yes, I always use the launch.

More info would certainly help, as well as answering ALL of the above questions...

How did you upgrade from XP to Win 7? it was a full install of Windows 7 home premium. Had to use the custom install according to MS>

So it sounds like you performed an "custom install" instead of a new installation.

Upgrade installations rarely go well and produce all sorts of software problems.

I'd advise you to re-install Win-7 but this time reformat your drive in the process so Windows is cleanly installed.

Did you reformat your hard drive and install everything from scratch? Disk was not reformatted. Followed the microsoft instructions

Unfortunately that was a bad move. If you search you'll find a lot of info on why doing a clean install is the best way to do it.

Did you install the program by right clicking on the setup files and selecting "run as administrator"? no, my id has all the administrator privileges.

Did you do the same when you ran Realflight the first time? yes, I always use the launch.

Even if your account has full admin privileges you must still do the above.

At this point you have two choices...

1. Try re-installing Realflight and do the right click stuff.

If that does not solve the problem...

2. Perform a CLEAN install of Windows 7, then re-install Realflight.

The latter is best all around but a bigger hassle.

Hi guys, I'm having the same issues as described above.

I've been playing on the Beta version for a while now and just decided today to update to the latest version to get rid of that pesky "Do you want to upgrade to the latest version?" box. The old version worked ok, still had some bugs but worked at least; now I keep seeing the Disk Pool Error too.

I've performed the Gather System info already but it's looooong.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance!

Attach the system info to your post, as instructed in the Asking for Help sticky. You can also contact tech support.

Well, I am just a customer, just like you. I found a reference or two to your issue, but no posted solutions. I see your video driver is over a year old, but I doubt that has anything to do with your problem. If you would, post the solution, so others (including me) can find it later.

I will, thanks for your sticky, that was a big help. I just hope I don't have to remove and re-install it because I don't know where my product disks or numbers are anymore.

How did you lose your discs? What a bummer!! I believe tech support can replace them for you, for a nominal charge. But you'll have to prove you bought them, somehow. You're also running version .011. I thought you said you updated to the latest. The latest is .016.

Last edited:
I think they're in my garage packed up somewhere from when we bought a new house. I'm pretty sure they're in there somewhere though. I know for certain I don't have my original purchase receipt.

I did update to .016, but I reverted back to .011 to see if that remedied the problem because it worked fine before the update.

Yup, moving can be a pain! I'm sure tech support can help you. Like I asked earlier, please report back here what your solution is.

You'd need the discs to reinstall, but your serials are visible when you open your Real Flight Launcher program.

I was able to remedy this by upgrading to a specific version at the advice of RF Tech Support, I've copied / pasted their response to my email.

Try to go back to RF6;

1. From Online Updating window, you should see a button for "Update to

Specific Version". You will need to complete the Online Registration first

before you can Update to the Specific Version.

7. Click on Update to Specific Version, that will bring up the Available

Versions box.

8. There should be a Select Version window with a list of available versions

to pick from. Click on the version(6.00.054) you want to go back to to

highlight it. Also be sure to check the Completely Refresh checkbox and then

click OK.

Well, I guess that is a workaround, but it would sure be nice for you to be able to run the latest version. I'd expect nothing less, really.

Back