Errors upon opening RealFlight 9.5S

YoMamaLlama

Hello, I just recently purchased RealFlight 9.5S from the Steam store. The game installed normally, but when I open it, I receive an error. I reinstalled the game, and checked for updates on my PC. But the issue still continues. Is the game compatible for my device?
I have a Microsoft Surface 4with a 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1185G7.

Attachments

• messages_0.jpeg
    messages_0.jpeg
    38.1 KB · Views: 13
I don't have any direct experience with the Surface products, but my understanding is that it is essentially a PC in the ways that matter. While you might not get great performance, I'm guessing you could run RealFlight on one. (I want to say somebody else on our team did this once but would need to confirm.)

That error message suggests the DirectX package distributed with RealFlight did not install successfully. It happens automatically behind the scenes. I haven't heard of this being an issue before.

I suggest running that installer manually:
  1. In your Steam client, right-click on "RealFlight 9.5S" in your Library and select Manage -> Browse local files.
  2. Navigate to the "DirectX" subdirectory.
  3. Run "DXSETUP.exe."
  4. Follow the prompts and allow it to do its job.
  5. Watch carefully for any error messages or other indications that it does complete successfully.
Note that even if you may already have DirectX 9 installed, RealFlight uses some optional functionality that requires additional components to be installed which are not included in the base installation. The DirectX package referenced above will do that.

Hey Ryan!!
Here David again with a very similar issue. I have been using RF just fine for months now. But today I thought I could organize my laptop by moving my RF file to a different file of mine on the computer. BIG MISTAKE!! I lost everything my airports, downloaded aircraft, settings, the works. I don't know how I did it but after returning the files to documents folder I have been able to pick up the pieces again. But the suddenly RF wond run and I get an error message. I hope you can get me back flying

Attachments

• Capture RF.JPG
    Capture RF.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 3
Ryan,
I was able to recover my RF! I did what you recommended to me last time. I just deleted all information and downloads that I did today and it started working. Unfortunately by doing so I lost the last aircraft, it’s calibrations, that radio’s settings, and Alpine Meadow edits I had. Well at least it’s running again. Excuse me for any trouble.

Back