Evolution Build Poll Q1 2024

what will the next build be? (you can select up to three)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

legoman

With the mig 21 build concluding I am preparing to start the next build. I dont like doing similar build back to back so no fighter/interceptors.

boeing 707-320B/E-3A/KC-135E combo TF33 powered or KC-135R/E-3F CFM56 powered
Handley Page HP.80 Victor K.2 Tanker
Martin RB-57F high-altitude reconnaissance platform
BlackBurn B-20 high performance flying boat
Fairchild C-119 Flying Boxcar
Dornier Do-26 Long range transport flying boat
CH-53K King Stallion heavy-lift cargo helicopter

links to the planes in post 5

I will break any ties at the end the end of the poll.

Last edited:
I have voted for the CH-53 because it is one of my favorite helicopters, for the Victor because the Vulcan needs company (the only thing missing is the Valiant) and for the B-20 because it is a really curious prototype... There is already a C-119 quite decent, which is the one I would totally rule out, but I wouldn't mind if one of the ones I didn't vote for finally gets made... And a Christmas wish would be for Legoman to update some of its old models like the Lancaster or the DC-3;)

Just curious, what is it that you think needs updating on those two planes. ???
Really just small cosmetic things, which I think in their latest models now they do but I understand perfectly that he will work on whatever he wants...just small wishes.
In both I don't like the texture of the tires, which he now models and which I understand that he used before to not increase the number of polygons too much. In the DC-3 the glass is very transparent (there seems to be none) and in the Lancaster it would be nice if it had transparent glass... I would love to be able to do it myself but I don't know, so either way I will always be grateful to everyone who dedicates their time and knowledge to providing us with their work for free

December 27,1967.......... Seattle Washington,snowing, boarded a Flying Tiger Airlines 707, headed for Japan and from there to Vietnam, my home for the next 18 months. Boy, that was a long time ago!

Attachments

• 52664_1179104644.jpg
    52664_1179104644.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 4
apparently the KC-135 has so many differences to the 707-320 and E-3, it is almost a different plane.2024-01-01 02_27_20-_[Boeing_KC-135A_Stratotanker_3-view_line_drawing] (imported)-2.0 (Graysca...png2024-01-01 02_26_52-_[Boeing_KC-135A_Stratotanker_3-view_line_drawing] (imported)-2.0 (Graysca...png2024-01-01 02_27_50-_[Boeing_KC-135A_Stratotanker_3-view_line_drawing] (imported)-2.0 (Graysca...png2024-01-01 02_29_13-_[Boeing_KC-135A_Stratotanker_3-view_line_drawing] (imported)-2.0 (Graysca...png

looking at images I`ve seen doing a google search, it appears that both the tanker and the airliner versions came in both configurations. My guess would be that as the plane had progressed through the years with different variations, the tankers and airliners would follow. Personally, I like the curved trailing edge, I`m guessing that would`ve been the first version of the 707.

looking at images I`ve seen doing a google search, it appears that both the tanker and the airliner versions came in both configurations. My guess would be that as the plane had progressed through the years with different variations, the tankers and airliners would follow. Personally, I like the curved trailing edge, I`m guessing that would`ve been the first version of the 707.

short "curved" wing (130ft 10 in) 367-80, 707-100, VC-137A, 717, KC-135
long "staight" wing (145 ft 9 in) 707-300, -320, VC-137B&C, E-3

most of the wing out board of the inner engines (i think) is the same and the tips and root are the difference between the wings spans 145 ft 9 in vs 130 ft 10 in also the 707 and E-3 are 4 inches wider than KC-135 and the lengths e-3 & 707-320 152 ft 11 in vs KC-135 136 ft 3 in

Very interesting #`s/dimensions between the three variations indeed 😵‍💫 SO, in your survey, were you thinking that all three versions (707, K-C135 and E-3) had the same wing design, AND that you could do all tree planes using one wing design ??. If that`s the case, it` seems like you`re in a little bit of dilemma, TOO pick/do one plane/EA, OR make a separate EA for all three versions,. In any case, between the three, I was voting for the 707.

Very interesting #`s/dimensions between the three variations indeed 😵‍💫 SO, in your survey, were you thinking that all three versions (707, K-C135 and E-3) had the same wing design, AND that you could do all tree planes using one wing design ??. If that`s the case, it` seems like you`re in a little bit of dilemma, TOO pick/do one plane/EA, OR make a separate EA for all three versions,. In any case, between the three, I was voting for the 707.

the 707-320 and e-3 are very similar if not identical. the KC-135 is the odd ball. I had thought they shared more parts. more or less looking athem going yeah they are nice looking planes very similar some different attachments and done. then after the poll started the modeling glasses when on and ohh the KC-135 has a short nose and then more parts kept being different.

My prefered version would likely by the E-3 and 707-320B is very similar so it may just end up being those two. KC-135 may get done depending on how much determination I have when I need to do the "new" wing root

My prefered version would likely by the E-3 and 707-320B is very similar so it may just end up being those two. KC-135 may get done depending on how much determination I have when I need to do the "new" wing root
That being the case, you might still be able to do a tanker. I googled "Boeing 707 tanker" and found what appeared to be tankers one from a foreign country (I think) and the other "Omega" one from the U.S., they have the "straight" T.E. at the root ....Here`s a couple pics.

Attachments

• TANKER.PNG
    TANKER.PNG
    772.3 KB · Views: 7
  • tanker 2.PNG
    tanker 2.PNG
    467.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
That being the case, you might still be able to a tanker. I googled "Boeing 707 tanker" and found what appeared to be tankers one from a foreign country (I think) and the other "Omega" one from the U.S., they have the "straight" T.E. at the root ....Here`s a couple pics.

Multiple countrys have KC-707 the one in the picture is Isreal and the other picture is of a company called Omega Tanker which has 2 or 3 707-338C purchased from the Royal Australian Air Force.

I did not realize how many countries used KC-707 converted 707s

Back