Evolution won't run - multiple issues

mtndewdewd

So I installed Stream and it installed the software. On first run I get the error: Error Spawning program: c:\progr....\helpers\realflighthelper_admin64.exe - access denied. After clicking ok I then get "failed triggering the next phase of activation - please try again.

I looked at that program doesnt exist. There is a realflighthelper64.exe but not the other. I made a copy of the helper64.exe and named it as it is expecting.

It now seems to go further, but now I get the error: the maximum number of allowed instances has been reached

When I look at running programs I now see the following running:
realflight64.exe
realflighthelper64.exe
realflighthelper_admin64.exe

I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few time. Same issues each time. Multiple reboots in between... running windows10 x64

Have done nothing in the last 2 hours, just tried to launch again and now get error: 24-hour successful activation threshold exceeded. Pleast try agina later. Guess this wasnt ready for release?

What are your system specs, what kind of graphics (nvidia, amd, built-in), and what language?

What are your system specs, what kind of graphics (nvidia, amd, built-in), and what language?
It’s not even launching the app so I doubt any of that matters, but it’s a dual 8core. 128gb ram and rtx4000 graphics card.

I’m surprised anyone has got this to work since the stream installer is not even putting the correct files on the system during the install.

Maybe only the upgrades and downloads are working? I got the package with the controller so it had an activation code that had to be downloaded via stream.

Thanks for the info, it's just common to list system specs when you ask for help.

It sounds like maybe your antivirus is causing a problem. I've seen many instances where the antivirus thinks RF has a virus and quarantines some of its files. Try looking at your antivirus and see if it's quarantined some of RF's files. You might try "disabling" your antivirus then "uninstall RF" and install it again fresh. You can also search this forum for posts about antivirus and you should find lots of them. Good luck.

Thanks for the info, it's just common to list system specs when you ask for help.

It sounds like maybe your antivirus is causing a problem. I've seen many instances where the antivirus thinks RF has a virus and quarantines some of its files. Try looking at your antivirus and see if it's quarantined some of RF's files. You might try "disabling" your antivirus then "uninstall RF" and install it again fresh. You can also search this forum for posts about antivirus and you should find lots of them. Good luck.
Nope. Tried that early on. Nothing in quarantine and disabled it as well as the firewall.

Looks like they tanked the install and licensing process with stream - hopefully they fix it soon.

Have a look in the Helpers folder, do you have the files as in my picture.
I see you are naming Steam as Stream. (typo error easily done)

This is the location for the Steam helpers folder, on my system.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RealFlight Evolution\Helpers

Attachments

• Evolution.jpg
    Evolution.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Have a look in the Helpers folder, do you have the files as in my picture.
I see you are naming Steam as Stream. (typo error easily done)

This is the location for the Steam helpers folder, on my system.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RealFlight Evolution\Helpers
Yep - same files....
And yes, iphone likes to autocorrect to stream...

Can't get past the "24-hour successful activation threshold exceeded"

Hi @mtndewdewd ,

We're looking into this on our end, and the symptoms we see look similar to what would happen if you didn't have admin access. I'm going to ask a few questions that may seem obvious, just to be extra clear. Please bear with me:
  1. When the you are prompted for admin access, are you responding Yes and successfully elevating?
  2. Are you installing from an account with admin access, or are you entering an admin account username and password from a non-admin account?
Neither of these will necessarily tell us what's wrong, but they could help us find a direction.

Most users are having no difficulty, but your installation is having extra trouble for some reason. We're going to raise your activation limit so you can try again, and we are clearing out some other items on the server.

Could you please try activating again, but just once, and reporting back with your results?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Hi @mtndewdewd ,

We're looking into this on our end, and the symptoms we see look similar to what would happen if you didn't have admin access. I'm going to ask a few questions that may seem obvious, just to be extra clear. Please bear with me:
  1. When the you are prompted for admin access, are you responding Yes and successfully elevating?
  2. Are you installing from an account with admin access, or are you entering an admin account username and password from a non-admin account?
Neither of these will necessarily tell us what's wrong, but they could help us find a direction.

Most users are having no difficulty, but your installation is having extra trouble for some reason. We're going to raise your activation limit so you can try again, and we are clearing out some other items on the server.

Could you please try activating again, but just once, and reporting back with your results?

Thanks,

Jeremy
Yes I was allowing to elevate.

It now works. Thanks for the quick help. I submitted a ticket as well you can close if you see it.

Thanks

Back