Expansion Pack 3

Just picked it up today. There are some awesome planes and helis on this one. I love the VTOL, pretty sweet and the Knife Edge foamy is awesome too. All the aircraft are just great, good job Knife Edge, yet again! :D

Here are some pictures, high res. 1280x1024 .jpg

Attachments

• Augusta A109.jpg
    Augusta A109.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 72
  • Griffin Combat VTOL .jpg
    Griffin Combat VTOL .jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 81
  • Heli-Max™ Kinetic 50 .jpg
    Heli-Max™ Kinetic 50 .jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 70
  • KE Flat Foamy .jpg
    KE Flat Foamy .jpg
    190 KB · Views: 64
  • Top Flite Cessna 310 .jpg
    Top Flite Cessna 310 .jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Yes

cfossa said:
Anyone else have expansion pack 3?
Got mine yesterday, and so far I am a little underwhelmed ... but perhaps I'm not giving it a fair amount of time before publicizing any kind of judgment. As always, everything in the release is fun, but I've not yet bumped into the REMARKABLE (bird nor site). I did notice some stuttering in sweeping through the panoramic images, which I haven't seen for several versions ... but, Not sorry I invested, since it keeps KE going, and I have a very high opinion of them and their RF product (less so with Futaba and the Interlink that everyone is learning to love to hate), so I'll keep sending them my little stipend just to keep them in business. But, other releases have had more pleasurable surprises than this one did.

Got mine...

...28th at JT's hobby shop in Fort Worth, still had 3 copies at noon today, but
they are going fast. Love the Conbat VTOL and the heli's. The Cessna 310 is
awsome. Thanks KE, you have my vote. ( and my cash....LOL )

Jim :)

Yes!!

Yes I have it and love it..Sooo Cool. I also have an additional one sealed Brand New for sale see e-bay item # 180126156001. Thanks!! :)

I want one of the Vtol craft!!! ( Full sized that is! ).

The Metro running through the city was a nice touch.

Yeah..

opjose said:
I want one of the Vtol craft!!! ( Full sized that is! ).

The Metro running through the city was a nice touch.

kinda reminds me of the speeders in Star Wars. LOL
Come to think of it....that might not be a bad AV.... What do you think?

Jim

Do it. A Star Wars Speeder.

How cool.

How do you propose to keep it hovering? Hmmm get to that bit later eh ;)

What about a Pod racer from Episode 1. (I alredy mentioned this. but :)
Hmmmm a couple or 4 huge vectored and canard'd turbine engins Draging a coffin behind it. Hmmmm. What an Imagination.

EP3? still waiting for a shop down here to sell it :(

I picked up my EP3 as well yesterday over lunch, but had to work late so I just had time to install and had only a quick taste of it. :( Can't wait for the weekend. :)

@HX3D014 - I thought about making a landspeeder as well. To get it to hover, can cheat by making landing gears that are 100% transparent. Haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure someone may have some time to test. :)

Forget the pod racers, give me the Snow Speeders ( Episode 5 ) anyday...

I'd love to see how G3 handles the articulated speed brakes.

All we need now is a "Endor" airfield with giant redwood trees. :D (I saw the first Star Wars 7 times in the 70's! Definitely dates me. )

Guess I'll spring for EP3 too. I like the meshed rotor contraption.

Have a soft place for Bensen Gyrocopters (ol' N8037E, inactive for too many years, can't get medical certification any more :( )

A fully working Bensen model with prerotator (used highly modified VW engine to power it all) would be a worthwhile project, but I couldn't do it.

There's just something about flying an erector set with a main rotor that is fascinating.

Charles

PHHHTTT! Star Wars? Give me a Fireball XL-5 and some jet scooters to play with, and I'll be busy for a week.

Charles

I'm saving...

....my money up for a "Holodeck". Look out hollywood starlets! LOL :D

Oh, I guess that was Star Trek...oooops!

Jim

I've had it for a few days now. I've played with the WWI Park flyers a lot and like them. The Commanche looks great, but flies a bit strange to me. The VTOL is really cool! I also like the scale Top Flite planes. The GP Riot seems almost uncontrollable to me, but the Reactor is a nice 3D plane. Need some more time on the others :D

I'm a bit underwhelmed with the new flying fields.

Overall, I'd spend the money again.

Carl

lylo said:
All we need now is a "Endor" airfield with giant redwood trees. :D (I saw the first Star Wars 7 times in the 70's! Definitely dates me. )

Heh... I was at Tattooine last year... ( Chichen-Itza ).

I didn't see the guard towers above the trees however... :D

I have to say it was a worthwhile investement. I really enjoyed the City Park with the train going around. I think the fields in general have a bettor feel to them and the lighting seems to be bettor and I'm able to see the aircraft bettor. I really like the VTOL helicopter thing. Its a hoot to fly especially in turbo mode, easy to crash. I'll definately buy the next update.

Jason

Back