Expansion Pack5 G4 Only?

Well this sucks. Guess I won't be getting that expansion pack. Good thing modelers still make things for G3, otherwise, I would feel weally wonely.

I would go pick up G4 but the fact is is that I haven't touched G3 in over a month. I just have no time for real or simulated RC machines. It's quite unfortunate. I'll be heading to college soon and will have even less time then...Maybe I can sneak my controller into the lecture halls while the professor is teaching...

EDIT: Geez, talk about quick replies guys...

Last edited:
I would suspect this actually. There gets to be a point of not being able to include float planes or helis.

A water only aircraft would be pretty worthless in G3.5

This shouldn't be as big of an issue as the add ons....as people can't say "I've already purchased it...it should work now"

Progress is good.
Most of the guys I flew with online are in the G4 camp now, no need to keep G3.5 around. :D

Self-contradictory statements for the win!

"REQUIRES: Minimum System Requirements;
Realflight Generation 3 or above software
Minimum;
500 MB hard drive space"
-Eric

Opjose, I know you still have G2 as well. Is it still working okay, seeing as support has been dropped for it?

jeffpn said:
Opjose, I know you still have G2 as well. Is it still working okay, seeing as support has been dropped for it?

Yup still running fine... it works with the add-ons too!!! :D

After this Expansion Pack release comes out Law can be turned loose to chew up KE about updates to 3.5...

Now if they add some much overdue physics updates too, then the forum is going to be buzzing!

People shouldn't be mad if it's only for G4.

It they made it for both, it would be like making an XBOX game knowingly the Xbox360 has been out for months.

Simple, buy G4.

Blade Scraper said:

It they made it for both, it would be like making an XBOX game knowingly the Xbox360 has been out for months.

Simple, buy G4.

Yep. It's called progress. If it's all compatible with G3/3.5, it's going to have bugs in G4. Minor bugs? Probably, but bugs nonetheless.
-Eric

Blade Scraper said:

Simple, buy G4.

That's exactly the point I was trying to make last month when opjose insisted that RealFlight and KnifeEdge would upgrade G3.5 when the next Expansion Pack was released. How can any future expansion pack be compatible with both G3.X and G4.0 when we all know that the file extensions are different?

Guess opjose was wrong when he said:

opjose said:
If anything KE's history has shown that with every expansion pack there typically comes an update or bug fix release.

opjose said:
One need only look at the patch history for G3.

Maybe you missed the updates for G3 prior to each expansion pack, and then the release of G3.5 and subsequent updates.... all freebies... all co-incidental with the Expansion Pack releases.

The expansion packs permit KE to leverage their programming efforts towards the bug fixes and updates as they include changes required by the packs.

opjose said:
No, not quite. I SPECULATE that we will see "activitiy" with updates, etc. just prior to the release of the next expansion pack.

The Expansion packs will support G3.x and G4, so any required "fixes" to support the next expansion pack will need to be available prior to or at the time of their release.

That being the case, the programmers also incorporate bug fixes along with the updates.

opjose said:
You may want to wait until the next Expansion pack comes out before speculating on the demise of 3.5.

By your own admission you haven't been through any of the long diatribes, anquish and screams posted here when something goes against what a some people desire.

If and when support is dropped, the pitchforks and torches will come out of the woodwork. You can lead the party then.

Can I speculate now about the demise of G3.5? :D :D :D

Can I speculate now about the demise of G3.5? :D :D :D

I think demise is a pretty strong word, indicating that it would no longer work. It will still do all the things that it does presently. Out dated; yes but definately not non-functional. Support; I'm sure that if in two years you have a problem with G3.5 and call tech support, they will try their best to help you solve whatever problem you are having; except 'I can't get EP#5 to load on my RF 3.5'

Alright, enough of this crud. :mad:

Either decide that you are happy with what you have or upgrade. In any case the rest of us are tired of complaints and whining about compatibility. At the very least limit ranting to the G3 or G2 forums, which ever applies to the product owned.

Everything to do with computers evolves, and it is not always backwardly compatible. Nor is it even possible to make it so and still have other improvements. That's life in the world of computers, get over it.

Couldn't of said it any better! Dhk79 you're 100% right on this. I am sick of these trolls complaining about compatibility.

well the info says it is compatible with g3-g4, maybe if somebody took a risk to try it uot on g3.5 and maybe it might work. jsut gonna havee to wait and see.

harv

Back