Expansion Packs and Add-Ons

I just installed the update to Realflight 6 with the Air Mega Pack. Can I just copy the files from my G5.5 installation for the eight expansion packs and 5 Add-Ons to the Realflight 6 Data Folder?

The Migration Tools are only for custom & imported content. They will not migrate any official Expansion Packs or Add-Ons. These Expansion Packs and Add-Ons will need to be installed normally.

Simply copying the contents of the Data folder might work, but it might also cause some problems.

I have successfully copied the files for the EPs and AOs. You have to be careful which files you copy. Copy these selected files, nothing more. If you need to ask what directory they are in for G5, don't do it. Install from the discs instead.

The fact that you installed the Mega Pack may change things. I advise reinstalling the Mega Pack after copying the files.

Robert Willis said:
I just installed the update to Realflight 6 with the Air Mega Pack. Can I just copy the files from my G5.5 installation for the eight expansion packs and 5 Add-Ons to the Realflight 6 Data Folder?

Yes it works fine.

See the thread about copying the Expansion and Add-on files from G4 to G5... the same works for G6....

Adam, no problems doing this, except the possibility of conflicts with the Mega Packs... which so far I have not seen....

I installed both of the Mega packs AFTER moving the files installed under G5 to G6.

Solution Worked

1. Installed G6
2. Updated to latest "Beta" Release
3. Installed Airplane MegaPak
4. Copied the 8 Expansion Packs from G5 to Realflight 6 Data Folder
5. Copied the 5 Add Ons from G5 to Realflight 6 Data Folder
6. Exploreing G6

Thanks to all that replied.

I don't know how the MegaPacks play with the Expansion Packs. I'd recommend re-installing the Mega Pack, simply because they are largely repackaged Expansion Pack files. Most users would effectively do it that way.

I thought the airplane Mega Pack didn't have any content not available in the 8 Expansion Packs, anyway?

The order actually shouldn't matter here. For example, you could install the earliest version of RF6, install one of the Mega Packs, copy/install the EPs, then do the online update. Or any permutation of those steps.

For all intents and purposes, the Mega Packs are equivalent to the Expansion Packs. There's no weirdness to worry about just because of the content overlap.

Yup, confirmed.
RF6 w/Heli MegaPack. Copied over All EPs with addons. Nothing weird detected.....yet. :)

I did the same as above with both mega packs and then moved my
other files over with the help from jeffpn and all works fine. :)

Robert Willis said:
Hi Guys,

Why buy and install the Airplane Mega Pack when you already have those aircraft in Expansion Packs 1-3?

slo

Back