F-15 Fastest jet in RealFlight ?

fine ill do it with the PALM-Z!!!!!!!!!

then the BLT Park Flyer...

then the um.....

MINI IFO!!!!!!

Is taht possible? D:

fps is like watt ratings for a stereo. They are not all created equal. I could get upwards of 500 fps, maybe even 6 or 700. Tool around the plane spawn at Alpine Lake for something a little more realistic, even if all the graphical settings are on low.

I got a PM asking how I could get a high fps. I turned all my settings in RF as low (or off) as possible, and disabled AA & AF in my Nvidia control panel. Quality isn't good, but fps is high. Means nothing to me. Comparing fps is all about bragging rights. The best you can do is to crank up your settings as high as they can go until your fps equals your monitor's refresh rate at most times, at the resolution you prefer. Then turn on vsync. This will give you the highest quality that your system can handle. In my screenshot, you'll see I'm at 978 fps. (At spawn it was north of 800 fps.) Means nothing. Yes, it's an undoctored .jpg file. But if RF is pumping out several hundred fps, and my monitor is only showing 60 fps, my system is working alot harder than it needs to.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1246048474.jpg
    ScreenShot1246048474.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 23
I've seen upwards of 500 myself without changing my settings ! (keep in mind how fast I was going at the time of the screen shot!!)
some AP's and aircraft just naturaly give high frame rates... try flying the "hawk" at
the "Great planes test site" ( from add on 3's "simple grass")and you'll see what I mean
....like jeff says though they are nothing more than "bragging rights" and somewhat overrated as a means of determining "performance" ............BTW my screen refreash rate is set to 75 Hz

Last edited:
i shall pass that bird with my uh..... i onno... BUT ILL FIGURE IT OUT!!!!!

got you beat @ FPS for the bragging rights thread tho :) 1,247.7FPS

Maj. Numbskully said:
YES IT IS

Dr. Moo!\Apollo 13
first of all.....some basic math.....
Mach 1 at Sea Level is 770 mph\1240 kmh
that first black bird example does
3280 kph or 2049MPH or Mach 2.66
far short of the speeds we are taking about !!
and the second blackbird example SAYS it does
Mach 3 = 770x3=2310 mph or 3720 kmh
but I just Down loaded and imported it and it ONLY does around 2000 mph in level flight!!!!
not ANY WHERE NEAR what "Aircraft Master" claims it does!!!!!
and even IF it did ......
it would still be 19 mph SLOWER than my 2329 mph(non .ini file molested !!) F-15 example!! :D
and just for clarity... we are not talking "Scale" speed here but actual speed

For some reason, the AV bugged out in G4.5. No idea why. I re-editted it and pushed it past 3600 KPH but then it passed the speed barrier. I didn't click TAB fast enough though. :(

which AV the SR-71?....how did it "bug out"
flutter ? ( nose pitching up and down rapidly)
I noticed the SR flys better with the CG at about -5
3600kph = 2240 mph or Mach 2.9
still a ways from other postings in this thread
only screen shots count

Last edited:
Got the shot!

There! ONE kilometer per hour below the maximum speed! I have no idea why 3600 KPH doesn't equate to the maximum speed in Miles Per Hour, don't ask me why. Ask Knife Edge. :p

Attachments

• ScreenShot1246407199.jpg
    ScreenShot1246407199.jpg
    451 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I can argue with that!
By looking at that screen shot .....
it is obvious that the SR-71
is in a STEEP dive...no where near level flight!! (cant tell if the plane"died" at the time of the screeny either)
I'm sure I could add to my speed in a steep dive
3600 kph =2240 mph=Mach 2.9
which is at least 100 mph\161 kph below the current "speed limit" (2355mph\3790kph)
It is possible so
keep trying :D
( BTW ... Mach 3= 2310 mph\3720kph @sea level)
(however I doubt that you'll do it with the SR-71
HINT:look at your frame rate !!)

Last edited:
Numbskully, the edit that I have can hit the speed barrier level. Look. Oh and also, Numbskully, Turn your units to metric to test it. The maximum speed in Metric Units is 3600 KPH or 1000 Metres per Second. And by the way, I have graphics turned on to the MAXIMUM. I've got at the highest, 55.5 FPS near top speed with all graphics turned up to there best and on a 3D airport with 2000+ objects. I think thats pretty good for those criteria.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1246460248.jpg
    ScreenShot1246460248.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 8
  • ScreenShot1246461637.jpg
    ScreenShot1246461637.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Aircraft Master said:
Numbskully, the edit that I have can hit the speed barrier level.

Not if you are only going 3600 kph!!

Aircraft Master said:
Look. Oh and also, Numbskully, Turn your units to metric to test it. The maximum speed in Metric Units is 3600 KPH or 1000 Metres per Second.

Hugh?
So by that do you mean that you can't go faster?
Or because I'm using mph I'm really not going the speed my Nav. Guide is reporting?
I don't understand your point?......
2355mph\3790kph is still 2355mph\3790kph
weather your Nav. Guide shows it in kph or not !
Right???
It IS showing it in mph !
And all of the mph to kph to Mach conversions I have done.......... are accurate!!!

And why should I use metric ?
(I live in the U.S.)

If there is a “limit” as to what the Nav. Guide will show in kph
why would I want to use metric anyhow???....

In a thread thats titled : “The Fastest Jet in RF”
that also requires a screen shot of the Nav. Guide .

why are you even using an option that has a built in limitation?

Sounds like you've hit the Nav. Guides metric display “barrier” if you ask me!
(IMO....thats a “Bug” in the program)

If RF has a 3600 Kph limit in the Nav. Guide (again I don't ever use metric so I wouldn't know)
maybe YOU should switch it to mph!!
MAYBE you ARE going faster !.........
And your Nav. Guide is just not showing it!!!....(provided that you are still flying ,not dieing)

EDIT:
FUNNY ?.....
My Nav. Guide goes beyond 3600 kph !
Maj. Numbskully said:
(however I doubt that you'll do it with the SR-71
Guess I was Wrong !
This is MY edit of the SR-71 :D ..........3787kph\2353mph\Mach3+ .......Catch Me........If ya Can :D !

Attachments

• ScreenShot1246478707.jpg
    ScreenShot1246478707.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Hey Numbskully, whats your Phyics quality? That might be how your going faster than me.
EDIT: Nevermind. That isn't the case. Maybe it's about your graphics card stats. I'm trying to find some loophole.

Last edited:
Back