F-15 Fastest jet in RealFlight ?

well maj, i *may* have to admit defeat, the engine will no longer hold its rev's accurately so there fore 1 sec im doing 2,345 next second its just dead cuz it over sped :/

ima try adding weight back to the fuse to see if this helps to atleast FOCRE the engine to atleast hold a steady rev while under load, but right now its looking like i may not beable to beat you with the SINGLE ENGINE AR-6 P-51 :/

Last edited:
Double post

sry man, but i broke the record again im kinda PO'd since i saw it hit 2,360 but didnt get a shot :/

but i think im done pushing the plane, if you want ill post up the P-51 Mustang(AR-6)VII its a fast little plane but a PITA to get a shot of it hauling some serious xD

the Current Top Speed is 2,356MPH that puts me just 1MPH Higher than the Bird :)

so im guessing that this truly is the fastest plane in RF LOL

what i had to do this time was add extra Graph points at the max tourqe for the engine, cuz after about 20K it didn't have a tourqe "curve" any more, i extended the 20K like to 32,000 RPMS so that the sim has a little area to guess for the tourqe :p

Attachments

• ScreenShot1246870885.jpg
    ScreenShot1246870885.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 17
  • ScreenShot1246870884.jpg
    ScreenShot1246870884.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
apollo_13 said:
hey moo, whay happened to your 2k FPS..photoshop, or just slow because of the pics :eek: :confused: :eek:

umm the 2K is with everything off and i dont have Photoshop in Windows 7

the pics you saw in the bragging rights thread were real pics with real FPS's

and maj? i onno if i will keep pushing that P-51 :D

WOW :eek:
I have been playing around creating "DS"(Dynamic Soaring) sites
I created one with three "wind field modifiers" set to max
with a global wind speed set to 30 mph
just to see how fast I could get the (un-powered yet Strengthened ) "Shuriken DS" to go
it is now the fastest aircraft in RF ! .........Period !
2,703 mph\4,350 kph\Mach 3.51
but admittedly once it got up to speed with the "particles" turned on
the frame rate is less than desirable(on my mid level system anyhow)

Attachments

• ScreenShot1247498165.jpg
    ScreenShot1247498165.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
ya :D
some how .........I knew I'd here from you :p

Is it a coincidence..............
that some of the RW's fastest(non military) RC models attained their world record speeds
while DS'ing............
as did a plane DS'ing in RF?

Last edited:
Dynamic soaring involves taking a very slippery aerodynamically efficient airframe, and then using the difference between a high flowing wind, through a slow moving area to gain airspeed.

In effect the plane is given velocity by the high speed wind area ( normally at a wind break formed by a ridge line on a mountain ), then turns around and comes back in the low wind speed area, then heads back to gain speed from the wind again... rinse, later, and repeat several times a second!

This is done in very small loops so the plane aquires an amazing amount of speed very quickly.

Youtube has a bunch of videos on this.

The plane can have no engine, yet it will gain quite a bit of velocity.

Maj. Numbskully said:
WOW :eek:
I have been playing around creating "DS"(Dynamic Soaring) sites
I created one with three "wind field modifiers" set to max
with a global wind speed set to 30 mph
just to see how fast I could get the (un-powered yet Strengthened ) "Shuriken DS" to go
it is now the fastest aircraft in RF ! .........Period !
2,703 mph\4,350 kph\Mach 3.51
but admittedly once it got up to speed with the "particles" turned on
the frame rate is less than desirable

nice maj, i didnt think about doing it with an unpowered plane since no engine = no engine dieing :p

the P-51 AR-6 is the fastest single engine plane @ 2,356MPH :D

but i take my hat off to you with your 2700MPH glider D: that's awsome man

maj... did you have to add full down elevator... i would assume that with all that lift, the plane would go in a lot tighter circles then you would want it to

pmckay said:
So, I thought you might have missed a decimal point and meant 232.9 - and my daughter and I have both gone faster than that with the KingCat. (around 254 or 255 mph).

I've had nothing but trouble with the F15. I get moving along over 200 and suddenly the plane starts pitching forward and backwards rapidly. Nothing I do seems to help except getting down around 150-160 mph.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a trick to the F15? Any help appreciated...

--Peter

Turn the elevator gyro down and it will stop the issue

no that would not stop the issue
since there is NO gyro in that glider !
no not full down elevator either.
(that would make a Tight out side loop :eek: )
what you want is a more inside oblong looping course. that takes the glider in and out of the "Boundary Layer".....skill Apollo......... SKILL ! :D

Last edited:
Back