F7F Tigercat_EA

Dan F

Love this model . Helped me to prepare for flying my Flightline F7F. However, I hate the "fakey"exhaust smoke trails. Any way to get rid of these ???

You should be able to turn it off with one of the switches on your Tx , so, try flipping switches one at a time that aren`t being used for regular flight controls and landing gear...flip a switch, wait a few seconds, if no results, you can either leave it or flip it back, keep in mind, flipping a switch might control something else on the plane. it could/should be assigned to ANY channel not used by flight controls.

There are quite a few models that I've removed smoke from for various reasons. In the airplane editor, in the hierarchical menu (of the Visuals tab, I'm pretty sure Physics tab), find the smoke objects (which are usually attached to the engines) and just-right click them to select the "delete" command.

Last edited:
Too much smoke from a regular glow engine has been a problem since the early days. In real life the engines do not smoke like crazy. Only if a "smoke system" has been added with smoke fluid would it look like some of the models. So I too have turned the smoke physics way down to like 5 or 10% and it looks more natural.

I must be stupid ! I've looked all through the Physics tab for this plane and can't find any variable labeled "Smoke". How is the variable for smoke system identified in the Physics tab ?

I must be stupid ! I've looked all through the Physics tab for this plane and can't find any variable labeled "Smoke". How is the variable for smoke system identified in the Physics tab ?
Open up the physics tab, click on the (>) arrow next to Main Wing, (it must be the arrow), THEN click on the arrow next to "Naces", Then click on "engine",...scroll down a little and you should see "smoke", just click on that, Starting with the "minimum smoke % on down , adjust the parameters as you desire. once you click on anyone one of those items to be adjusted, On the right, you`ll see the minimum/max. values that you have to work with, put them all to there minimum if you want no smoke at all or adjust to your hearts desire. Another option is, WHEN you click on "smoke", you can click on "component" (in the bar at top of page), when you do that, you`ll see a "delete" option, I think that speaks for itself.

Last edited:
Open up the physics tab, click on the (>) arrow next to Main Wing, (it must be the arrow), THEN click on the arrow next to "Naces", Then click on "engine",...scroll down a little and you should see "smoke", just click on that, Starting with the "minimum smoke % on down , adjust the parameters as you desire. once you click on anyone one of those items to be adjusted, On the right, you`ll see the minimum/max. values that you have to work with, put them all to there minimum if you want no smoke at all or adjust to your hearts desire. Another option is, WHEN you click on "smoke", you can click on "component" (in the bar at top of page), when you do that, you`ll see a "delete" option, I think that speaks for itself.
Thanks !!! Issue solved.

Your welcome Dan, the editor kinda works like our skeleton. The backbone is connected to the hip bone, the hip bone is connected to the thigh bone, the thigh bone is connected to the knee bone, the knee bone is connected to the shin bone and so on and on. think of things that way in the editor, now that you have had a taste of how to navigate it a little (the instructions navigating it that I gave you), not all planes have the same "skeleton"/path to your ultimate destination so to speak, but you get the idea.

FYI. To emulate my Flightline 1600mm F7F , I changed the propulsion from IC to a "medium brushless with large gear ratio" , Main battery: 4 cells , 4 cells in parallel. It now flys and handles just like my plane.

Great to hear, you really should consider putting it on the swap pages as an AV, it`s not often that people post planes on the swaps of a real world RC plane that they actually own and have flown. The original EA by Cowboy was created thirteen yrs. and 2 days ago, (as of this date), long before the Flightline model. It`s been a very popular model to purchase among RC flyers, I almost bought one myself.... :p..Anyway, it`ll be nice for you have during the winter, to keep your thumbs in shape, as for the rest of your body, WELL, I hope you`ve got a lot firewood, it`s a long winter in Maine..??...?

Last edited:
Back