FBX Export from Blender

mkbrower

I'm working on this model of an F4 Phantom II. I would like to get this in real flight but one issue I'm having is with the glass testure for the canopy. If I export from blender in FBX format, I seem to loose the glass when I import back into blender. I'm not sure if this will be an issue or not since I'm not quite ready to put it in realflight just yet. Still working on all the pivot points. Was wondering if someone has any experience with glass shaders/textures that could help me out.f4_phantom_2.jpgf4_phantom.jpg

I would not worry about it not rendering in blender correctly.

If you are using the TGA to control the opacity make sure to use the ~ALPHA_ or ~CANOPY_ prefix on the material. ~ALPHA_ looks at the alpha channel of the tga to set the opacity of the texture in rf. ~CANOPY_ is used on materials for single layer shells with only a outside or inside to enable ~SBS_(show both sides) and ~ALHPA_.

if you are baking a permantent color and opacity scroll down in the material properties and adjust the alpha slider

2024-02-24 23_40_56-Blender_ [D__Robert_Documents_Wings 3d_P-51 A_p-51A v5.blend].png2024-02-24 23_42_30-Blender_ [D__Robert_Documents_Wings 3d_B-42 43 mix jet master_B-43 v3.blend].png

2024-02-24 23_41_26-Window.png2024-02-24 23_42_16-Window.png

I have been working on pivot points for control surfaces and landing gear. Because the wings are swept, the only way I could get the correct pivot of the aileron along the X axis was to change the transform orientation to local. I don't think this will be an issue as long as Real Flight uses local transformation instead of global. I am also wanting to verify the plane is in the correct orientation. Please refer to the images. f4_image_3.jpgf4_image_4.jpg

I have been working on pivot points for control surfaces and landing gear. Because the wings are swept, the only way I could get the correct pivot of the aileron along the X axis was to change the transform orientation to local. I don't think this will be an issue as long as Real Flight uses local transformation instead of global. I am also wanting to verify the plane is in the correct orientation. Please refer to the images. View attachment 138089View attachment 138090
yes that is the correct orientation. and the pivot looks right from the two pictures

2024-02-26 01_11_56-Window.png

Back