File has canceled

noam salomon

hi everyone, recently every time I try to download some new aircraft or color scheme and any other type of file, the simulator (RealFlight 9.5) writes to me that the import of the file was canceled. Please, if you anybody know how to fix it tell me.

Okay. Downloading and importing should not be a problem, but you have to do it right and have the files that RF needs for things to work. Each plane, heli, or drone in RF has a 3D model, a physics definition, and a colorscheme. When you download from the Swap Pages, there are three types of files available.

<someplane>_EA - This is a complete file containing the Entire Aircraft. You do not need any other file(s) to import, load, and fly this plane.

<someplane>_AV - This is an Aircraft Variant. It does not contain the 3D model of the plane, but does have the physics definition and colorscheme. You MUST have the parent EA installed or it must be a variant of a plane included with RF.

<someplane>_CS - This is a ColorScheme. It only contains the paint. You MUST have the parent EA installed or it must be a variant of a plane included with RF.

Finally, you must use the right importer for the file type extension you downloaded. Most of the planes on the swaps for the last several versions of RF will use Simulation > Import > RealFlight Archive (RFX, G3X)..., but check the file extension if you have a problem and need to use one of the other options.

Hey @Ryan Douglas, I got a feature request. Please reduce this to a single Import command from the user side. It would be so easy to parse the selected file list on file type and use the correct import class for each. It really is sort of nuts that users have to make a menu selection based on file type when the Import submenu could be eliminated entirely with ease. The code is already doing that based on the different extensions in each category of import. It's literally a 10 minute fix, and then there are no more problems with users selecting the wrong type of import. 'Nuff said.

Back