First attempt at creating a Custom Panoramic Airfield - Bristol, RI Colt State Part- Field near Estuary

jerryn

I created an airport based on the field I flew my park flyers. We can't fly there anymore and I just stick to my AMA club registered field now. I attached a Google Drive link to the airport and the raw panoramic photo. I have a few questions.. how do set an invisible tree up to overlay the treeline in the photo ? How do I create invisible obstacles to overlay the obstacles you see in the photo ?

I included the raw panoramic jpg image. The panoramic image looks better than how it's displayed in the simulator.
I tried to stitch a larger 24000x12000 image together but Realflight gave an out of memory error. I have 32gb of ram.
is there a standalone editor that I can use ?

Here's a link to the files. The upload was too large for the KnifeEdge Forum:

Click here for the Colt State Park field near estuary, Bristol RI - Airport and Panoramic Image file

Once I get the Colt State Park Airfield done I will create one of the South Dartmouth BCRCC Airfield, that's where I fly now.

Thanks for any help. I'm not looking to make money with this. I am just thinking of ways to draw more members to our club. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I don't have any experience with PI, but that's looks nice. If the water could be used as well, would be fantastic.

I created an airport based on the field I flew my park flyers. We can't fly there anymore and I just stick to my AMA club registered field now. I attached a Google Drive link to the airport and the raw panoramic photo. I have a few questions.. how do set an invisible tree up to overlay the treeline in the photo ? How do I create invisible obstacles to overlay the obstacles you see in the photo ?

I included the raw panoramic jpg image. The panoramic image looks better than how it's displayed in the simulator.
I tried to stitch a larger 24000x12000 image together but Realflight gave an out of memory error. I have 32gb of ram.
is there a standalone editor that I can use ?

Here's a link to the files. The upload was too large for the KnifeEdge Forum:

Click here for the Colt State Park field near estuary, Bristol RI - Airport and Panoramic Image file

Once I get the Colt State Park Airfield done I will create one of the South Dartmouth BCRCC Airfield, that's where I fly now.

Thanks for any help. I'm not looking to make money with this. I am just thinking of ways to draw more members to our club. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
I use 24000x12000 raw panoramas and I have never gotten a memory error from RF. Using Photoshop and a jpeg quality of 10, the file size is about 70 MB. Maybe file size is the issue?

How do I create invisible obstacles to overlay the obstacles you see in the photo ?

You will want to look into "Depth Buffers" to accomplish your mission.
They are available in the objects provided by RF in the AP editor.

Link posted by 12-O-Clock-High in another forum!

RF provides a folder of depth buffers but you can use other objects as long as you set them to "Render to Depth Buffers Only" and make sure "Collision" is set to "on" if you want them to be "collidable". One of my photo fields has a chain link fence in the photo and I used the chain link fence object as a collision buffer. See the 12-O-Clock-High thread posted earlier for tips on working with depth buffers and how using folders can help.

Back