Flight Module Gadget disappeared

christyler22

Greetings. I'm new to RC and so, RF Evolution. I installed Evo yesterday and all seemed well until the Flight Module I setup and used, later that night disappeared.
It has not reappeared since. I tried turning game and then computer off and on, resetting the gadget, restarting system. Obviously, no success. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

If you're talking about the Gadgets try using the "1" thru "0" keys to toggle them.

And the Flight Modes Gadget is only available when an aircraft has the AS3X controller. Lots of them don't.

Last edited:
Thanks! That was pretty neat for ease of use. But it scrolled thru all the gadgets, with some not showing in the menu, but no Flight Module.
I am in Beginner Airplane Training, if that would make any difference, but it shouldn't as it was working last night. Any other ideas?

It also seems like the modes aren't even working right, if that helps. But, I'm not completely sure about that. It seems to not be as clearly functioning as when I first started.

I'm an old flyer so the only 2 gadgets I use is number 1 and 0. If you want to look at the documentation do this. Right Click on RF Evolution in the Steam Game List and choose Manage->Browse Local Files

It will open an Explorer Window in the RF EVO directory. You'll see a "documentation" folder. Go in it and then the English folder and there will be several PDF files with one of them being the Manual. It's for RF 9.5S but that's the best available right now.

Press 0 key above the regular keyboard to bring up the flight modes. It doesn't work with most aircraft in Realflight Evolution as most of the aircraft do not have the SAFE system installed. If the aircraft doesn't have SAFE, the mode switch won't work for that aircraft, or it may do something else entirely, like activate smoke, or open a canopy, etc.. The aircraft you will find SAFE on are the ones by E-Flite, and Hobbyzone. the rest of them, they don't have it as they are older aircraft, or more advanced aircraft.

Technoid, thanks so much for the manual info. I will get it tomorrow. I appreciate the help. And csgill75, you as well, thank you so much.
You hit the nail on the head with that one. I just wanted the modes gadget up so I might confirm with my eyes what my fingers are doing
as I get this muscle memory working. (seems to have been easier when the muscles were younger.) I have been trying to switch modes in flight to see what each are like and work my way up.
Thanks again y'all. I really do appreciate it. I'm sure I'll need more help before I'm done.

Back