Flight physics broken post 5.00.032

Dr.Moo!

Hey guys check this out!

Download this plane (make sure you get the EA if you don't have it), and downgrade RealFlight to Version G5.0.032.

https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/11997

Fly it around. Fly's pretty good right?

Shoot the guns (Dual rates down), Yep everything is normal. Drop the bomb and flip the flaps up (3 P.O.S. Towards you) Yep bomb drops, everything is normal.

Re-Update to G5.5.021...

NOW.

Shoot the guns (Dual rates down), WTF? The plane almost STOPS, and noses down. Nope, that is NOT normal. Drop the bomb and flip the flaps up (3 P.O.S. Towards you) WTH? The bomb doesn't drop, AND the plane almost STOPS, and noses down. Nope, that is NOT normal.

Could whatever is causing this also be causing the issue with stalls that td9cowboy is talking about?

I know that something changed in the physics for this plane to only be broken post 5.0.032.

Who else can confirm this?

Last edited:
Re:

I can confirm this having downgraded to an earlier version and then re updating to the latest version.

Very strange...It works normal in 4.5... It does what you are saying in my 5 version laptop i am running 5.1.028 I did not downgrade, will try on desktop later. I looked in the editor stripped down some stuff pod ,cameras , bombs , it quit doing it on the flap position change , but still did it on the gun position, will take it down to the base edit and see later.

Brentg

brentg said:
Very strange...It works normal in 4.5... It does what you are saying in my 5 version laptop i am running 5.1.028 I did not downgrade, will try on desktop later. I looked in the editor stripped down some stuff pod ,cameras , bombs , it quit doing it on the flap position change , but still did it on the gun position, will take it down to the base edit and see later.

Brentg

Yeah, it flys perfectly in Any version Pre G5.1.

So G4.0 - G5.0.032 is fine, after 5.0.032 however, it's broken. I think that's about the same time the Stalls changed as well.

Thanks for confirming this! :D

on the subject of broken physics....

Why do the dynamic thermals break down at exactly 738 feet AGL? I have been able to repeat the issue at every airport using DYNAMIC THERMALS. I stress dynamic because the thermals at thermal park work fine. Thermals work fine if added to an airport, but the dynamic thermals break at 738 feet exactly.

Since the update to .021:

There is now wind on my custom flying fields even though the airfield editor shows windspeed at "0". This is most noticed on my indoor field. The normal "page down" command has no effect?

I guess all the guys that laid back as a group where all the multiplayer action was going on are going to have to put up with a few issues until the next public release. Looks like the handfull of beta testers missed a few things. :rolleyes:

The new public beta version 5.50.025 fixes this. Note that in a previous version it became necessary for all detachable components to have a collision mesh in order to work. The 3D model for this aircraft will need to be updated accordingly to restore the bomb drop capability, but as of 5.50.025 it won't make the aircraft freeze in midair when the collision mesh is missing.

Back