Flite Test Cruiser: 200%

Little embarrassing to admit it, but had done some research on this one some time ago, and I already have some 4 and 5 views.. :eek:

For a real world RC, don't know how you'd get any lift, given the weeny wings.
And for both RF and the real world, the sparkling exhaust would be a must..

It would work in RF though, Examples would be the Icon and the X-wing fighters from star wars. No need for embarrassment FE, the character/s were great, as well as the funcky animation. ( although the movie I recall had good visuals for its day ) Had to love Ming the Merciless and the cute gal in that flick as well as the winged bearded one..??...;). I would like to see those views if you still have them, just for giggles. Keep up the great work..;)

Getting back on topic.... ;)

Have added probably the last of the graphics, so it will be on to the spec map next.
But tonight, was side tracked a bit on having another go at trying to learn how make my own renders.

Attachments

• Render10.jpg
    Render10.jpg
    367.1 KB · Views: 17
Learned a few months ago about the work of the guys at Flight Test.
Completed the majority of the work on a FT 3D, not realizing there was already one on the swaps by willsonman.. Having already put the time into it though, I decided to start finishing up the few remaining minor items like the push rod animations, so the 3D and Cruiser should both be ready for posting about the same time. To keep it a bit different, this one will be hand launched, and has a different CS.

Attachments

• render4.jpg
    render4.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Not too difficult to add.
That is actually good feed back that is appreciated-- you are the ones we are making the models for.
But the FT 3D will then get posted later. The Cruiser will be the Christmas present.

sweet i'll keep a look out for both , thanks for all the work you modelers put into the EA's you post , much appreciated by many but most likely not voiced by all

The engine seems to be a special case object (for example I think it becomes invisible if it is child to its spinner).
Here, I am trying to get it to break away in a crash.
It has been:
a child to its nacelle
a child to its wing
orphaned and given a C-mesh child with a point contact way out in front.
Even straight in dives do not result in the props separating.

Can the props be broken off in a crash? If so, what are the details?
I have not seen where it can have its mass adjusted and thus more prone to breaking off....

Thanks

Attachments

• ScreenShot1418261767.jpg
    ScreenShot1418261767.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 5
With the engine being a child of the fuselage, I think some creative thinking might be in order. Have you looked at how other twin engine models are done?

Have not seen one that does that-- that I remember.
I have seen twin engine planes 3d modeled, but given only one engine.
That may be a basis for a method to cause breakage, but it ruins that great twin sound (as well as denying the ability for differential thrust).

If anyone is aware of a twin (real or simulated) on the swaps that the props do break off on in a crash, please provide the model name/link in this thread.

Thanks in advance!

Have not seen one that does that-- that I remember.
I have seen twin engine planes 3d modeled, but given only one engine.
That may be a basis for a method to cause breakage, but it ruins that great twin sound (as well as denying the ability for differential thrust).

If anyone is aware of a twin (real or simulated) on the swaps that the props do break off on in a crash, please provide the model name/link in this thread.

Thanks in advance!

also herc40's other twin the Avro the engines break off

https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/11900

Have you tried childing the nacelles to there respective (Left /right) wings AND then childing the engine/s to there respective nacelle,,??

Back