Float Flying

R

rcflyeriam

I am intrested in float flying, is there a way to get a sea plane or Cub on floats put into the program and fly off of water? I know that water is a hard thing to program into the system, but is it worth a try? How many other people want to fly off water and afraid to because they did not try it on Real Flight first?

We are aware there is some interest in having float flying in RealFlight, and it is something we've discussed. We typically don't discuss whether or not we're working on a given feature, though. If we do add support for float flying, we will definitely announce it here on the forums (and our website) once it's ready.

I can surely understand why you try not to announce whether or not your working on new features, because as soon as you do...

You get hounded by everyone... "When is it coming out ... You said it would be here by ??/??/?? why isnt it ready yet ??? :(

Just to let you know..... I really enjoy G3... and I thank you for all the hard work you guys are putting into it.... :)

I'd LOVE to have a float-fly capability here. Just a couple of weeks ago I had my first take-off on floats (successful!), and one landing (Semi-successful------well, at least it didn't sink!) :p About an hour of repair work and it was ready to go again.

rcflyeriam said:
I am intrested in float flying, is there a way to get a sea plane or Cub on floats put into the program and fly off of water? I know that water is a hard thing to program into the system, but is it worth a try? How many other people want to fly off water and afraid to because they did not try it on Real Flight first?

I would like Float Flying too. See... I'm all set.. and have been set since 2003. :D

GrummanAlbatross_p2.jpg

And then add a mini-hydroplane and rc sailing Mini-Game!

Float plane

Me too! Here's the plane I have ready. Add the wheele version, too.

Attachments

• ALPHA_FLOAT.jpg
    ALPHA_FLOAT.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 148
  • ALPHA_WHEELS.jpg
    ALPHA_WHEELS.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 90
Flying Boat

I am a proud owner of the G3 Flight Simulator, HOWEVER, if I was still in the market for a flight sim and found one that included a float plane or two, Sorry, but all things being as they are, it would have been my choice for a flight simulator purchase.

Please make a add-on or update or something that includes a float plane or flying boat.
Thank you

I also vote for the ability to fly off of water with a float plane. Our club has had and annual float fly for 11+ years. We only get the chance to practice for one day before the event each year. It would be great to have this in RealFlight G3.

Thanks

Maybe it is possible for us users to rig something up on the sim to practice float flying. I was thinking, im not good w\ the airport editor BTW, maybe we could select whatever area we want to be water and adjust the ground "roughness" if there is such an option to adjust to a really rough setting and then set the wheel physics to help simulate water better. Anyone follow me? This is just an idea that popped up in my head as i was reading this thread!

ZDAD said:
I am a proud owner of the G3 Flight Simulator, HOWEVER, if I was still in the market for a flight sim and found one that included a float plane or two, Sorry, but all things being as they are, it would have been my choice for a flight simulator purchase.

Please make a add-on or update or something that includes a float plane or flying boat.
Thank you

Even though I prefer G3, AeroFLy does support Float Planes and Water based flying field. It works "OK". Graphics are boring but physics seemed pretty good. This is a download that's available for AeroFLy from one of the swap sites.

Yes Please add it :)

Hi, Just my vote for Field and planes for the water... It's just something that should be included with real flight IMO....
It would most likely keep me away from my Aeroflight Pro which has it all....

Soooooo... Yeah... get some water and planes for it, that way I can fish with/for
real... :) :D

I think adding water would be great! Just keep it simple so it isn't a computer hog, it would be freakin awesome to have the water ripple and suff when hovering over it.

Back