Flying Boat

Well the first pass of mapping is finished the 1x1 mapping still needs to be done but like always I'll put that off so I can paint the plane. Anyone have any suggestions I need some ideas I haven't picked out anything yet. Here's a picture of the map, there's still lots of room left in it.

Attachments

• Flying Boat 24.jpg
    Flying Boat 24.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 6
Well the first pass of mapping is finished the 1x1 mapping still needs to be done but like always I'll put that off so I can paint the plane. Anyone have any suggestions I need some ideas I haven't picked out anything yet. Here's a picture of the map, there's still lots of room left in it.

just a thought but the bottom of the fuse should probably be mapped from the bottom not the side

just a thought but the bottom of the fuse should probably be mapped from the bottom not the side

Well that's kind of like the hull of the boat which most often is one color without anything on it so from the side should work okay.

Anyone have any suggestions I need some ideas I haven't picked out anything yet.

Well perhaps some sort of military camo scheme would be nice, also their`s a variety of those kind of planes that were put into civilian service,.... depends on how much time you want to put into it, for a civilian version, some can be pretty elaborate, some, not so much. what are you leaning towards ???

How about something along these lines :D

170314141501-boaty-mcboatface-submarine-exlarge-169.jpg

did not notice this the first time but maybe split up the nacelles for decals on the sides and such

I was referring to the original name of the Sea Cruise. I was reviewing the old thread for it.

Okay cool.. no problem. The flying boat is a really nice flyer you'll like it. It's coming along nicely I'm starting to work on a color scheme for it now. But I still have a few of the standard parts to finish painting.

Well perhaps some sort of military camo scheme would be nice, also their`s a variety of those kind of planes that were put into civilian service,.... depends on how much time you want to put into it, for a civilian version, some can be pretty elaborate, some, not so much. what are you leaning towards ???

I think I'm going with a civilian theme. I was looking around today and got some ideas.

The ability to write a logo on both sides of nacelles would be very helpful, many civil color schemes display them there..
Excellent work Technoid.

Of course now you're hooked you must create a color scheme for it using that feature. :)

Dumb ole me I went back and reworked the nose again, so now I have to remap the fuselage. Just a bit less pointy but it does look nicer.

Well a bit more tweaking while I'm at it. I went back and added cowl flaps.

Attachments

• Flying Boat 25.jpg
    Flying Boat 25.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 6
Back