Flyzone/Hobbico/ST FW-190A - My First Model

If you are importing a swap file, you are importing the wrong thing. DO NOT import a kex file from the swaps. Import the rfx or g3x file.

Flex, don't confuse him. He's not creating a model. He's using the wrong process to import an existing model.

Flex, don't confuse him. He's not creating a model. He's using the wrong process to import an existing model.

Importing the zip file worked perfect. On first attempt(s), I had unzipped the swap files and imported the KEX file, since it was the first option listed, which gave a rather bizarre hopping/bouncing in place on the field at idle throttle (I kid you not) aircraft.

No biggie, but not completely obvious to a newbie on a/c imports.

Thanks for the advise!

Well, if nubes would look into the proper method to import aircraft, rather than making guesses and assumptions, I'd have a different avatar!! The directions are all over the forums.

Well, if nubes would look into the proper method to import aircraft, rather than making guesses and assumptions, I'd have a different avatar!! The directions are all over the forums.

If it were so obvious, then there would not be all the how to posts...sorry for picking the first choice on the menu...geez. The fact that there are "directions all over the forums" vs. being a bit more intuitive speaks for itself...

I guess I will have to go explain the high school students we are using this with to draw into the local AMA chapter that they are a bunch of noobs and should learn the proper method to import aircraft they are excited about.

Not trying to pick a fight, but thanks for the warm welcome to the hobby...:(

Last edited:
If IE did not rename the .rfx to .zip, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Welcome to the forums. :)

Ok, spooky coincidense...

Just getting back into RC after approximately a 12 year hiatus and unsatisfying experiences with 72Mhz radios and nitro/gas engines. I shopped around and did alot of research and what are the first three models I buy myself...

1) Flyzone Sensei
2) Flyzone FW-190
3) Parkzone RAF S. E. 5a

already found your excellent modeling of the FW-190 I intend to wear it out on RealFlight 6 ;)

and was looking for threads to ask info about requesting some help modeling the Sensei and here I find your posts!! Can't wait to see how the Sensei comes out and how close to 'Real' it flies

Sakamara You ROCK!!! :)

I actually have a been finishing a reworked version of the FW190 for RF6 that doesn't have some of the stretched image map issues of my posted version and it cleans up some shading problems. I have been on break from modeling for a month or two. Your post reminds me that I should get them done along with the Sensei and get them posted.

The Sensei modeling is complete but I need to get the uv map done. Shouldn't take long since there isn't a lot of image work like was with the fw190. I have the Sensei dropping some golf balls for fun. :)

You can practice in RF with the standard NexSTAR EP in the mean time as I have found it to be the best match to the Sensei in real life. The Sensei has a really great glide ratio.

If and when you get the FW-190, I would strongly encourage you to do the modifications to the landing gear and apply epoxy to all of the bell horns. There is a great post that goes through all the modifications on RCGroups. Just do a search for "ST Models FW190-A". You can PM me if you have any more questions about it though.

Welcome back to the hobby!

Fw-190

I own it.. just have not flown it yet. Oh, another interesting note and coincidense... the battery you have the plane set up as using in your RealFlight modeling is the exact same battery I bought for my RX-R version: FlightPower LiPo EONX Lite 3S 11.1V 2100mAh 25C

I had a little mishap with my Futaba T8FG Super .. was playing around with the Servo Monitor and accidentily set it to Neutral.. with the throttle connected and the FW-190 in the cradle across the room.
I burned up my ESC and damaged the prop. I have a replacement on order :eek:

I have flown the Sensei a few times and had alot of fun with it

Haven't flown my Parkzone S. E. 5a yet but it is built and flight prepped.

Back