FMOD issue in startup of RealFlight Evolution

spammertammer

Hello to all,
I am fairly new to this RealFlight, as in I’ve been using RF6 for as long as I can remember, but I’ve been receiving this error upon starting up the simulator, and it reads “Installed version of FMOD (00044438) is out of date. This program requires 00044461.” It then after reads “Error creating sound manager. There was an error with your driver or you have no sound device installed.” The simulator then proceeds to startup on a white screen, and crash. I have tried contacting RealFlight customer support over this, but it’s come to no avail. My computer is running on the newest version of windows 11, and RealFlight is all up to date. If anyone could possibly help me with this issue, I’d greatly appreciate it. Thank you.image0.jpegimage1.jpeg

There is a fmodex64.dll file in the Realflight Evolution folder. It may have become corrupted. Steam has a useful tool that allows it to scan and repair missing or damaged files. Right click on Realflight Evolution on your left hand side bar and a menu will come up. Select Properties and then when the menu pops up select installed files. There will be an option to verify integrity of game files. click it and let it run. If it finds something is wrong, it will fix it for you.

There is a fmodex64.dll file in the Realflight Evolution folder. It may have become corrupted. Steam has a useful tool that allows it to scan and repair missing or damaged files. Right click on Realflight Evolution on your left hand side bar and a menu will come up. Select Properties and then when the menu pops up select installed files. There will be an option to verify integrity of game files. click it and let it run. If it finds something is wrong, it will fix it for you.
Just tried it, still giving the same error however. I think this could possibly be an issue of the actual computer and not the game files..but everything else has been running without problems. Thank you for the reply back.

@spammertammer Find properties of mine. This is how we can check the version, not sure if you have done this?
Clearly RF need to use this 4.44.61 as indicated in the error message. You have what and where do you find this dll if you scan the entire disk?

Attachments

• fmodex64 v4.44.61.jpg
    fmodex64 v4.44.61.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
@spammertammer Find properties of mine. This is how we can check the version, not sure if you have done this?
Clearly RF need to use this 4.44.61 as indicated in the error message. You have what and where do you find this dll if you scan the entire disk?
Did what you said, and strangely enough, my file also reads that it’s in version 4.44.61. I’m starting to believe that this really has nothing to do with RF itself, and it’s just my computer. I do find it weird that it was running just fine not long ago, however. Thank you so much for the response back thought.

One more thing I would try, Delete the fmodex64.dll file in the installation folder and then run the verify file integrity again. I just did it and it found the missing file and reacquired the file and installed it again.

Still shows the error; I’ll try to see if hard resetting my computer fixes it. I really do appreciate you trying your best to help me however. I’ll give an update after the reset.

This is incredibly bizarre. Even stranger is the fact that the version in your RF Evo installation directory is apparently correct, and that verifying the integrity of those files through Steam didn't fix it.

This suggests to me that you have a different version of the .DLL elsewhere on your system that Windows is finding first. .DLL search order can be a complicated and curious thing.

It was strange, but after hard resetting my computer it’s working perfectly fine now 😂. Now that im remembering, I’ve had many issues with C++ prior to RF showing its error. Maybe I accidentally messed up related to the .DLL files, but going through all of that trying to find the problem without having of clue of what I was doing sempt too complicated for someone like me. Thank you for the message on the thread though, and have an amazing rest of your week.

@spammertammer Great news! Just in case someone else has the same issue, what do you mean by hard resetting:

The Windows reset option to reinstall the Windows operating system and preserve your personal files?

Thanks in advance.

Back