For Sale - Real Flight Software

jeffpn

A recent thread exposed the fact that Knife Edge Software cares very little about the forums. A new member was asking for help, and I assisted him. Even though the new member was verbally abusive and made threatening posts towards me, I still helped him.

The language he used was very raw. I reported those posts, along with the posts where he wished/threatened bodily harm to me. As far as I saw, nothing was done. I repeated the reports, to which nothing was done. I even sent a PM to HaleyB. That, like most PMs sent to KE, went unanswered.

Awagar did take the time to review reports after asking me to report them yet again, but said that the new member was already dealt with. Nothing happened. The raw language and threats were still there.

I wanted to discuss my concerns, as I said, via PM, but never got an answer. I saw no choice but to post my complaints in the thread itself. Due to my crusade, flexible got his infraction reversed. However, I got two infractions, one from HaleyB (who wouldn't take the time to address this via PM), and one from Jim T Graham, Bourke's partner at RCG. Most of the profanity and threats were finally removed from the thread, so it was a success in that regard.

I certainly felt like Knife Edge's punching bag today. I have the feeling that they feel it's beneath them to talk with us. I feel like they see us as employees, children, or some other kind of subordinate. We are not. It is us, the forum membership and Real Flight customers, who keep the lights on at KE Software. It is us who put food on their table. And it is every button clicking fool who visits RCGroups.com who put an airplane in Bourke's hangar.

I'm glad that my crusade finally got the profanity and threats removed from that thread. It never should've taken me to do that. Yes, the OP got an infraction. So what? The profanity and the threats remained. KE has had mods in the past who were excellent. Troublemakers were quickly banned, and threads quickly disappeared. It wasn't embarrassing to read threads of this forum with your 8 year old looking over your shoulder.

My crusade to remove the profanity and threats is over, but not without cost. 2 infractions for my efforts is ridiculous. I feel like KE has spit in my face. For this reason, I'm giving up Real Flight.

For Sale: Real Flight G4, Interlink Controller, and all 8 Expansion Packs. $100 + shipping.

This also includes the cables that I've never used to hook up your own transmitter. As a bonus, I will include the free copies of G5 and RF6 given to me by KE. I have unique serials for all of the included software, and I will contact tech support to deregister it.

If you are interested in this, please reply here or send me a PM. I'll send the software and controller when I receive payment. I prefer to sell to someone I'm familiar with here, if possible.

Wow. We're sorry to see you go. It seemed like we were on good terms when we had dinner together a couple weeks ago. I can understand your frustration about how things unfolded in this instance (we aren't happy with it, either), but I can't imagine anyone here doing anything intentionally to hurt you.

I did enjoy my visit with you, Ryan. You're a good man. I just can't deal with the lack of effective moderation in the forums, and infractions when I try to point out problems here. If this could've been handled via PM, I would've been much happier.

WOW is a Shame !!!! Do they not notice that this place is the engine of sale of RF ??? Are they stupid ?? Now i can notice what is more important $$$ for them.

Really is a shame. Keep ups informed because i have 3 RF sofwares for sale too.

Very sad.

Hmm, after years of hearing KE does no wrong and RF is the best simulator in existance it seems strange to see you ready to run after one problem. Guess things are different when it hits home. :/ Hopefully you can calm down since it seems you actually love RF and KE so much. Remember there is nothing perfect in the world.

Jim T? Awagar? The RC Groups moderators are now controlling this bulletin board?

Will we be seeing advertisements on here shortly?

Hobby King trying to unseat Hobbico for sales of RealFlight?

Solicitation of annual dues to be a PLUS + member? :rolleyes:

There is more to moderating a forum than issuing infractions to members. Awagar told me that the situation was resolved, yet the profanities remained. Flexible got an infraction for helping a member, and I got two infractions for doing my part reporting a problem that Awagar refused to correct, and HaleyB completely ignored. If this is a sign of how the forums here will be moderated, then I've lost a good forum already. Bourke once said that only Knife Edge employees can be KE forum moderators. I guess this is what happens when he lets his buddies moderate. I've already given up going to RCGroups.

Last edited:
Such a shame to lose such talented contributor... KE need to wake up ! and stop treating top contributors as just another number.
Modelers but a lot of time and effort in creating EA's and helping other forum members. KE would suffer greatly if people like jeff didn't exist, but yet they seem to take them for granted by the looks of things.

What utter garbage...

Last edited:
Jeff,

I'm having the mods reverse the infraction point they gave you, and we'll be talking today about how this forum should be moderated.

There is a complicated sequence of events that lead up to you getting an infraction. It's hard to explain in detail but the situation was confusing to the mods because of how the system here works compared to how the system at RCG works, coupled with the fact that they don't normally moderate the KE forums.

I'm really sorry that you got caught up in that. I can understand how you would be frustrated.

Jim

It was rather disappointing to PM HaleyB about this issue, and be completely ignored, receiving an infraction instead. Personally, I'm glad that you volunteered to be PMed in the event of a mistake or an oversight. I'm sure you will help us when needed. I am not thrilled with RCG mods here at the RF forums. They just don't know the product and the atmosphere here like KE employees do. Jim had it right when he said that only KE employees can be moderators here. I know the decision has been made. If it is indeed harder than it looks to moderate the forums, I wish them nothing but the best. I've seen more than one person moderate these forums extremely well. It can be done again.

Looking at the positive side, I am appreciative that KE made a quick resolve to the issue.

No, but I have been burnt out since before our last upload. I don't know what it will take to intrigue me.

Back