Free 3D model SA 342 Gazelle

stedemar

I found a free 3D model of the SA 342 Gazelle.
I wonder if it can work in Realflight (see capture of the files contained in the folder).
If so, can somebody convert me the file to have a file .kex, so I could create the helicopter in Realflight.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 22
  • sa342_gazelle.jpg
    sa342_gazelle.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 21
The whole model will need to be remapped as the original model looks like it uses several maps and RF only uses 1.Also it really depends on the poly count for the model aswell as having to rename parts,setup the hierarchy linking etc.Its not a quick process to get any model ready for RF even if the modelling is already done.

I actually went through that process once with this AS 350 model. I wanted to fly the helicopter that created unforgettable memories for me:
http://animium.com/2011/08/eurocopter-as350-3d-model
It had frickin 16 maps and like 3-4x the allowed polycount :rolleyes:
About 7 hours of work, then I had it in RF.
Look at the result :)

Attachments

• ScreenShot1429303834.jpg
    ScreenShot1429303834.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 33
  • ScreenShot1429303874.jpg
    ScreenShot1429303874.jpg
    418.8 KB · Views: 20
I actually went through that process once with this AS 350 model. I wanted to fly the helicopter that created unforgettable memories for me:
http://animium.com/2011/08/eurocopter-as350-3d-model
It had frickin 16 maps and like 3-4x the allowed polycount :rolleyes:
About 7 hours of work, then I had it in RF.
Look at the result :)

:eek:

Very good work

I saw also the AS350 (see capture)
When can we expect to see your model in RF

Attachments

• Eurocopter AS350 (2).JPG
    Eurocopter AS350 (2).JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
The whole model will need to be remapped as the original model looks like it uses several maps and RF only uses 1.Also it really depends on the poly count for the model aswell as having to rename parts,setup the hierarchy linking etc.Its not a quick process to get any model ready for RF even if the modelling is already done.
Thanks

Not easy. But possible :D

Back