Free addons

cameron

hi guys
i am having a lot of trouble.
i have downlaoded addons 1 and 2 but i can not import them on to G4 it will say import failed.
what are the addons anyway
:eek:

cameron said:
hi guys
i am having a lot of trouble.
i have downlaoded addons 1 and 2 but i can not import them on to G4 it will say import failed.
what are the addons anyway
:eek:
Do you often download software that you don't understand what it does or how it works? I hope your dad has good AntiVirus software. If you were my kid, I wouldn't allow you on the computer.

Check the News and Announcements forum for your answers.

no i know how to download
i just can't get it on G4
and i don't download software at all this is the first time

Last edited:
i don't understand so you just extract it and your done
i looked at the knife edge news board and used those instruction but nothing changed :confused:

Step-by-step. What did you do exactly?

That KE announcement posted is very clear, if you can follow instructions you should not have any problems. :confused:

cameron said:
i don't understand so you just extract it and your done

Correct.

cameron said:
i looked at the knife edge news board and used those instruction but nothing changed :confused:

Set your aircraft menu to

"Product/Airframe"

Then scroll down to the bottom on the left.

johndoe25 said:
cameron, since no body pointed you to the link :( .
Really?
Come on, no need to throw around any more Sad Faces.

Did you miss this part from cameron's reply?
cameron said:
i looked at the knife edge news board and used those instruction but nothing changed .

We're trying to figure out which part of the instructions the kid doesn't understand.

this is what i did i saved the addons to my docs. then i extracted it to cache/ data then logged onto G4 and nothing happend

What version of realflight do you have?

Did you extract to "C:\Program Files\RealFlightG4\Data" ?

I did exactly what the instructions said. It took about 30 seconds, and everything was as it should be.

-Eric

cameron said:
this is what i did i saved the addons to my docs. then i extracted it to cache/ data then logged onto G4 and nothing happend

NO. Why cache/data?
You are doing step 3 WRONG.

3. Extract the .zip file's contents to "C:\Program Files\RealFlightG4\Data" (assuming you installed G4 in the default location).

i did that because data was in cache
do you mean if data isn't with the others i can't get addons?
what do you mean default :confused:

Last edited:
This might help, just make sure you right click the zip file then follow the steps. :)

Attachments

• hh1.JPG
    hh1.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 12
  • hh2.JPG
    hh2.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 14
rccardude04 said:
What version of realflight do you have?

Did you extract to "C:\Program Files\RealFlightG4\Data" ?

I did exactly what the instructions said. It took about 30 seconds, and everything was as it should be.

-Eric

i have Generation 4
and the data was in cache ever since i got this

Back