Full Screen Error

Navy_1

Every time i try to go to Full screen it crashes is any body else have the same issue?

stem Information
------------------
Time of this report: 2/18/2009, 07:26:49
Machine name:
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: alienware
System Model: alienware
BIOS: )Phoenix - Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Page File: 483MB used, 5501MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

If you run a theme enhancer, disable it. Try searching 'alienware' here. Lots of info on your issue.

I will see if the theme enhancer is on. the manufacture of the computer should not matter is it is the driver and components that make the computer. and my DX file shows i am using a desk top not a laptop as most of the post i saw. and most of what i read is seams to be a problem with Gforce driver. if this will run COD4,BF2,BF2 AIX, URT3 & WOW. all at max setting then this should not give the computer any problems. i will check the theme enhancer. but i also noticed it gets choppy is areas were that is not a lot going on. maybe its bad coding. i bought 4.5 because its supposed to be the best but i am not liking the problems i am having is the norm with real flight. if so i will return the program and go back to clear view.

thank you for taking the time i will up date is it works.

The reason I told you to search 'alienware' is because many people with your type of computer have reported similar problems. Of course it's not the hardware. It is, however, how the hardware is programmed. Just like most problems involving DEP happen to be with Dell computers. Call tech support. It's free, and they are waiting to help you.

I sent them a E-mail. i Live in Japan i am active duty so its a big time diff between hear and there. thank you all for the help

The Alienware theme enhancers are known to cause problems with many programs, and this includes G3 & G4.

Set the theme to one of the Vista or XP default themes to circumvent this problem.... not that you could be having something completely different going on.

However please do what it says here:

Click me!

Now that makes sence i will try that i will let you know thanks again all. love the community

Please do as it says in the "Click me!" above.

Also try re-installing your video drivers and then download and re-install the DX9 ( DX10 if you are running Vista ) redistributable installation from Microsoft.

This is a single file download. It will not hurt anything to run it, but it may fix full screen errors....

However the "Click me" instructions let us see better what is going on.

OK guys i may have just made a mistake. when i clicked support i didn't realize that is was G3.5 i am running 4.5. i think i might me posting in the wrong area. but i will still try every thing else. Tech support had me do a bunch of steps that didn't work so i am not sure

No need to start a new thread, but please follow the instructions in opjose's Click Me link above if you'd like help here.

Back