Futaba T14SG Interface

wopl

Hi all,
I would like to use my Futaba T14SG transmitter for running RealFlight 8/9. In the past there was a cable "Transmitter Interface" that has been discontinued.

I am bit puzzled, how and whether you still support such a combination. Is there a successor of the Transmitter Interface (maybe wireless). Do I have to grab it "somewhere" on the market?

Despite all benefits of the Interlink DX Controller I would like to stay on my "real" transmitter to be able to test-run (within the simulator) all my programmed mixtures, functions and conditions (exactly positioned on the same switches). No "fake-transmitter" will ever get me those desired features.

Any guidance which wired or wireless interface device is currently supported / recommended (at least 6 proportional channels and some switches).

Any advice appreciated.
Thanks,
Wolfram

o.k., thanks. This means there is no official support from RealFlight anymore?
Any working wireless suggestions?

Thanks Wolfram

o.k., thanks. This means there is no official support from RealFlight anymore?
Any working wireless suggestions?

Thanks Wolfram

The only wireless ones are the Spektrum WS1000 or 2000, OrangeRX DSMX and FrSky, and the Tactic protocol sold for RF.

So you will need a radio with DSM2/DSMX, FrSky, or Tactic protocol to do wireless.
There is a device called RX2SIM but the only place I see it available now is in Europe/Germany. It uses your own RX unit hooked to it.

BTW Realflight is now owned by Horizon Hobbies

I know you are seeking the holy grail of sim vs real controls. It is just not really possible at the present state. If you are building or own the model you want to fly, you can enter all the variables and settings into the CGI model. Still it takes some adjusting to get it just right.

Someone that owns the model and can adjust the sim can get it pretty close. Still it is a lot of fudging and you will never be able to use the same radio settings on the real aircraft.

I have said it before, it just works out best to fly with the Interlinks and that will give you enough experience to be in control of the real thing. Your mileage may vary.

Thanks for all your answers.
I got the Futaba Tx running with RF and now very happy to have all controls being programmable by it.

Now I got exactly, what I was seeking for.

Thanks ... and all have a great new year 2020
Wolfram

So, do tell how you did it - wired? wireless? so that others in the future can also do it....

Thanks for all your answers.
I got the Futaba Tx running with RF and now very happy to have all controls being programmable by it.

Now I got exactly, what I was seeking for.

Thanks ... and all have a great new year 2020
Wolfram
Sounds great that you made it work. Now to the question already been asked here. How did you set it up? I would love to go wireless with my Futaba radio.

If you have the old Interlink Elite controller, do the following (might work on new controller):
1) Plug up your old Interlink
2) connect the Interlink to your Futaba TX via a Futaba trainer cord
3) Create a new model on your Futaba 8 channel and call it Realflight
4) Enable the Futaba trainer per your model and put it in Student 8 channel mode
5) Make sure you Power on your Futaba controller (When using two real Futaba controllers the Teacher autopower on the Student. This doesn't happen with the Realflight Interlink controller)
6) Restart or start fresh your Realflight (It sees the trainer only on startup)
7) In Realflight go to Simulation->Select Controller
8) You should see now both the Interlink and the Radio Transmitter. Set the Profile to your radio type. (Futaba)
9) Run the calibration
Use space bar when you crash. (Maybe way to use radio but not sure how.)

Back