Futaba T16 iz with direct USB-C

zokahn

Hi,

New to everything so forgive me if these questions seem random. I have bought a Futaba T16 IZ and it promises a direct USB connection. It works, sort of, i cannot get all the switches on the transmitter to bind (especiallty the SH switch) in the calibration menu and of course i am lost in all the modes and settings that are possible.
Has someone already figured out what works best for a starting pilot (using mode 1) with this controller/transmitter?

I am thinking of getting the trainer cable but it seems that it should just work with the USB connection?

First would be to go to Windows, Control Panel, Devices and Printers, right click on the name of the controller, Game Controller Settings, Properties (of the selected controller) (Whew!)...and test each stick, knob, slider and switch to see what is what. If one or many is not working here, it is not configured correctly in the TX to produce an output. One usually can make the changes in the TX on the fly, and see if it starts working on the computer without backing out and going back in Some systems may only pass 8 channels via USB, so verify if Futaba has limits, and how to link a control to a channel. Been a long time since I was a Futaba user, so can't advise on how to do that.....

Once you know what works in Windows, you can then go into Real Flight to configure the controller with those items

Found it. Windows reports the weird data on the controls and calibrating helped a bit. Also, the downloads page on futabausa.com seems to be broken as it is showing 0 results for any category. Already mailed Futaba support. maybe it will help if there is an updated driver.
I will see about the settings on the controller again. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

In my playing with other brands, I've found if the radio sometimes isn't the first thing in the list where you pick Properties, Windows can make it behave strangely. You might try deleting other joysticks/game controllers and see if it settles down. Do a restart before checking, after the deletion. If good, then add plug back in the other devices, and do a restart again. That (usually) resorts the list, and everyone is happy.

Back