G2 controller with G4

devlin252

I have a G2 radio that someone gave me, and I have G4 software. Is there any possible way to use G2 radio with G4?? How do make a a regular Futaba radio work the sim? Buddy connection to USB? Do need some sort of patch?

I am new into the hobby and I've had some very generous people help me out because my budget doesn't really allow me to spend hundreds of dollars to get started.

Help
Devlin252

Last edited:
Well, first of all, you can't get G4 leagally without the interface (controller). If you did buy it, the person you bought it from ripped you off. If you d/l'd it, you are a pirate and you are not welcome here. If your dog ate the controller, your (insert any other person here) broke it---lost it---stole it.... we aren't buying it. Take your pirate questions elsewhere. Just so you don't think we are not helpful here; the answer to your question is; NO, there is no way to use any other controller to operate G4. Legally anyway.
Have a nice day!

Jimmy Newton said:
Well, first of all, you can't get G4 leagally without the interface (controller). If you did buy it, the person you bought it from ripped you off. If you d/l'd it, you are a pirate and you are not welcome here. If your dog ate the controller, your (insert any other person here) broke it---lost it---stole it.... we aren't buying it. Take your pirate questions elsewhere. Just so you don't think we are not helpful here; the answer to your question is; NO, there is no way to use any other controller to operate G4. Legally anyway.
Have a nice day!

What the hell is your problem Jim?!?!?! A pirate? I WAS GIVEN A G2 CONTROLLER! I DID NOT PURCHASE IT!! I clearly stated I was new to the hobby, I don't know anything about this stuff! Think before you label someone. If I have to purchase G4 then I will do so. My original radio got damaged.

YOU are not at all helpful on this forum and I would appreciate it if you would refrain from responding to any other questions I might have.

:mad:

Last edited:
There sure are alot of people currently who have acquired G4 without a controller. Fishy. But hey, call tech support with your serials, Interlink and software, and I'm sure they'll take your "broken" Interlink and get you a new one.

Last edited:
devlin252 said:
What the hell is your problem Jim?!?!?! A pirate? I WAS GIVEN A G2 CONTROLLER! I DID NOT PURCHASE IT!! I clearly stated I was new to the hobby, I don't know anything about this stuff! Think before you label someone. If I have to purchase G4 then I will do so. My original radio got damaged.

YOU are not at all helpful on this forum and I would appreciate it if you would refrain from responding to any other questions I might have.

:mad:

Devlin, since there is no way to acquire the G4 software legally without the controller that comes with it and you have the G4 software and not the controller, then it's an obvious conclusion that you've acquired that sofware illegally.

I can understand being new to the hobby and having funds that are limited. But ... hobbies can be expensive. I'd love to have a race car. It's a great hobby. But, I'm not going to run out and steal one. Nor am I going to accept the "gift" of a race car if I know it was acquired illegally.

If you can't afford to participate in the hobby then maybe it's not the hobby for you. Maybe one day when finances are better you will be able to participate - and you'll be welcomed with open arms. This is a fun hobby with friendly people.

devlin252 said:
My original radio got damaged.
Are you referring to the Interlink controller? If so, you should be able to send it to GP and get it replaced.

rc23 said:
Are you referring to the Interlink controller? If so, you should be able to send it to GP and get it replaced.

jeffpn,law and rc23,

Thank you for answering my questions, that is all I wanted to know. Jim was way out of line in his initial response. I must say if that is just a sample of the kinds of people on here then maybe I joined the wrong forum. Law, your analogy of accepting a race as a gift, I was given that controller by a 14 year veteran of the hobby who simply had no use for it anymore. And was trying to help me get started. I don't see anything wrong with people exchanging items to help someone get into the hobby. I don't seem to understand why this RealFlight topic is such a sensitive subject, do you guys have stock in the company or something? Is this this a rich persons hobby? I guess my financial status doesn't permit me to be in the club???

:( Disappointed

devlin252 said:
jeffpn,law and rc23,

I don't seem to understand why this RealFlight topic is such a sensitive subject,

:( Disappointed

As he said

"Devlin, since there is no way to acquire the G4 software legally without the controller that comes with it and you have the G4 software and not the controller, then it's an obvious conclusion that you've acquired that sofware illegally."

So Jimmy's conclusion was not off.

So in short, go buy G4. Or, look on eBay for G3.5 if you are tight on cash. Same software except with no water pretty much. Physics are allll the same.

Humor us: How did you get G4 software without an Interlink Elite? And a second question for bonus points, why would the guy at your field give you a G2 controller without G2 software? When I bought G4, I gave my friend my old G3 controller. Oh, and the software, too.
And yes, I do have an interest in KE software: I have bought every product since G2. Every addon, every expansion pack they sell. G3 and G4 as well. I think they are a great company. And if everyone stole the software, they would no longer be in business.

Ok, now let me explain this one more time, I had G4, my 2 year son broke the controller which I'm sure is not warranty. So, a friend gave G2 with controller but the disc is badly scratched and will not work. That is why asked. I still cannot get an answer on making my Futaba radio work G4, or is that illegal too?

:confused:

The Interlink Elite is required to make the software work. If it's not plugged into the computer, the software will not run. The Interlink is the copy protection. You could use the supplied cables to connect your radio to the Interlink, maybe. Why won't you contact GP support, and arrange for a replacement?

You can't just buy the controller. I believe they will ask for the damaged one in exchange.

phrank said:
You can't just buy the controller. I believe they will ask for the damaged one in exchange.
I thought about telling him that, but I figgered he'd figger that out when he calls. :D

Back