G2 Upgrade freezes... 2.00.321

dave_lilley

Every time I start G2, I get a message that upgrade 2.00.321 is available. I say "yes" to download it, but after about 30 seconds I get a "No response from server" message.

Yeah, that happens occasionally. It probably isn't a problem with the software. If you are using a phone-line modem your connection may have been slow. I would try it again late night when fewer people are on, and it should be running faster.
Raptor1028.

I had/have the same "Server Not Responding" problem

When I first tried to use the Online Updates to get to .301, I had a heck of a time. Eventually support mailed be the update file. A month or so later I tried it and it worked for me when I reinstalled. I have a cable modem, so performance is likely not an issue. I am having the same problem with .321 now, I cannot download it. :(

.321 downloaded finally

I gave it another shot today... seems like the server must have been down because the update came down smooth this time.

I think your're right. Even if you have cable, if the server is busy or one of the gateways you still cannot get in. I've been trying a couple of times a day for a week, but I have a sucky provider.

Don't bother me now, I'm flying RFG2...
Or am I flying the real thing? I can never tell till the landing...

Back