G3.5 Too expensive!

Expensive?

Yeah it could be considered expensive by some but, our hobby is not crocheting after all, it is R/C not, an inexpensive hobby by any means. If you have been on this earth for any period of time you would have come to the realization by now that you do get what you pay for. And, if all else fails, try getting a job...practice saying would you like fries with that?. Then you could have one too. Good luck.

I would say buying sims is the best thing a person can do for themselves if they are serious about getting into this hobby. After your first crash you realize that you could have had a sim for that, without all the time rebuilding.

Jason

0xdeadbeef said:
Well Doom3 is not really state of the art any more. Indeed it wasn't even when it came out 3 years ago. You haven't played Far Cry, have you?
It had a terrrificly wide and beautiful landscapes, an excellent water effect, heavy use of pixel shaders and so on:

Yeap and Oblivion and others too... great stuff...

0xdeadbeef said:
Not that this level of graphics detail is needed for a sim, but adding some pixel shader effects for things like heat haze, water, motion blur etc. would increase the quality with little effort. Allowing bump mapping for the planes would make the models look even more realistic (e.g. for bolts, bevel seams and small details like wires) without much of a performance hit.

I'd love to see all of this, including water effects, etc.

I would like to believe that the majority of the KE programming staff is hard at work on G4 that in turn incorporates all of this stuff... and will work with our existing Interlinks for a nominal fee.

opjose said:
I would like to believe that the majority of the KE programming staff is hard at work on G4 that in turn incorporates all of this stuff... and will work with our existing Interlinks for a nominal fee.

I wish it were true, but it won't be. Actually I'm too cheap to even hand over the $30 for an EP. So I'd like to see G3 stay for a while

But letting us use out current Interlink's means that we could just download the software off the net from a torrent or wherever and because we have our old Interlink's, the software would work. I see us shelling out another $200 plus probably another $20 for the next gen.

It could be done... much like the serialization is done now...

e.g. go on-line, cough up an upgrade fee, and your new Interlink is "registered".

FWIW - When my wife watched me practice on G3, she was immediately convinced that this is definitely a money saver as she tallied up the number of times I had to press the red button. How often can you get your wife to agree that purchasing a software saves money!!! :rolleyes: Especially, when I spent $100 right off the bat for the first 30 seconds of flying my heli and foamy just over a year ago before I "invested" on G3. All is good now, but still a noob. :)

Back