g3 problems

elgreko

nrw real flight when i crash the program shuts down ftying for about 1 minute the computer shuts down i have ge force mx 4000 graphic card which is recmended by real flight my comphter has enougth mb or rams also enougth hard drive
help elgreko

No such animal as a GeForce MX4000.

Post your system specs as indicated in the support sticky.

Yup thought so...

There's no such animal.

That's a MISNAMED MX400 card. which is a very old card with DX7 compatibility... not DX9.

opjose,

There are MX4000 cards out there. They are a variation on the GeForce 2/4MX cards, but they do exist. In addition, the compatibility chart provided by Knife Edge lists the GeForce 2, 4, 4MX and MX4000 as being a tested, and working, cards.

Travis

Last edited:
I checked the nvidia site and they list no MX4000, only MX400 variants.

Is there a different chipset rev that they are using for these?

AFAIK the MX400 are a fairly old series and not really DX9 cards.

Wheren't they NV11 chipsets?

Regardles of the "I am MX 4000 therefore I exist" debate :D , try going in to Simulation->Settings->Graphics->Quality in your RealFlight G3 sim. Turn off shadows since they are not supported. Anything you see set to high or highest, change to medium. This should help your video card from getting overworked. You may also want to turn off clouds, they eat up a lot of graphics power as well.

This card is like bigfoot, or the Loch Ness Monster. ;) As far as I can tell, the card does (or did) exist. Here is a review of the MX 4000 on www.cnet.com

http://reviews.cnet.com/Asus_V9400_GeForce_MX_4000_64MB/4507-8902_7-31320666.html?tag=sub

We can believe or not ... I've personally never seen one but there are a lot of references to it on the net. I guess the same can be said for bigfoot.

But, if you have the card you know it exists. :rolleyes: All you want is for it to work. :D

I agree ... try turning off the shadows as recommended. Realflight lists this card on their compatability page and says that it does not support shadows.

Either way, Opjose is right that this is a very old card. You will probably want a new one for better performance.

Good luck.

Carl

The card can be called anything the OEM vendors want.

The question is if there is a real MX4000 or not.

I haven't seen any proof that any such animal exists.

Let me clarify.

The MX400 designation refers to the main graphics chip contained on the original design boards.

In the MX400/GeForce2 cards this was the NV11 (or was it the NV10? I don't remember it's been a while...) chip.

The NV11 chip came out about the time the transition was occuring from DX7 to DX8. The original NV11/MX400 chip only had DX7 plus SOME DX8 support hardware.

If you look in the review in the above link, you'll see that even Cnet states that this is a DX8 card.... quite old now.

Reports are the MX400/NV11 chips don't support things like shadows, and most particle effects that G3.x use, hence my original observation on this card.

It's not really up to G3's minimum specs... even the 6200's are somewhat better than this.... and the 6200's are fairly low end.

It looks like the OEM's have taken the older chip, added more ram and are now marketing the card as an MX4000. Typical marketing games...

For all intents and purposes this card is WAAAY out of date.

Back