G4.5 and Windows 7 64 bit?

Dr.J

Hello everyone,

My Athlon system struggles with G4.5 and so I'm considering the build of a new computer, with the new Windows 7 OS, 64 bit edition. As this is the only sim I normally use, I'm concerned about whether it will run on such a platform?

I assume that if G4.5 runs on Vista, 64 bit, it should be good to go in Windows 7?

Also, it will be either a socket 775 or i7 Intel system, but I assume this wouldn't be a problem?

If anyone knows the answers to these questions, I'd greatly appreciate knowing them!

thanks,

John

You will be fine. Windows 7 is still Vista back end. I am currently running it on a Vista 64 bit OS and also ran it with no issues on Windows 7 while I was Beta testing it.

Rob,

that's great to know; thanks!

Did you have to modify the program or tweak OS settings to get it to run?

thanks,

John

Hey there,

I've been using W7 with G4.5 since the beta was released and have ZERO issues with anything involved with RF software. All EPs and add ons work just fine.

Same here. Been flying RF 4.5 on Win 7 RC1 since it came out with no problems.

Running AMD FX-57 single core, 3 gigs of memory and a Nvidia 260 video card. Runs realflight great. I would estimate 75% of max settings gets me 150 fps on photofields.

MudMarine said:
Same here. Been flying RF 4.5 on Win 7 RC1 since it came out with no problems.

Running AMD FX-57 single core, 3 gigs of memory and a Nvidia 260 video card. Runs realflight great. I would estimate 75% of max settings gets me 150 fps on photofields.

What im running AMD Phenom II Quad-COre 3.0 ati Sapphire 1GB and 1 Gb of RaM on XP 32-Bit all setting on High and i get 80 to 90 fps

Most of your horsepower for RF will be in the graphics card department. What kind of card do you have. 1GB does not tell a whole lot. I have a HD 4870 512Mb and run at full 1080P and get 30-60fps in 3d fields and 100s on photofields with everything turned up.

willsonman said:
Most of your horsepower for RF will be in the graphics card department. What kind of card do you have. 1GB does not tell a whole lot. I have a HD 4870 512Mb and run at full 1080P and get 30-60fps in 3d fields and 100s on photofields with everything turned up.
i Have a Ati Sapphire 3850 HD 1Gb

Back