G4.5 Bug Reports

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
opjose said:
Another problem with audio...

In addition to the already reported ( and reproducable ) "first load" delays....

Take Turn up the volume and take the harrier up for a spin.

As it flies away you'll hear the turbine sound change levels and audio files used.

In the G3 and G4 this change was fairly smooth and seemless... producing a fairly realistic effect.

Now in G4.5 there is a noticable and annoying point where each of these sound effects are turned off as the plane receeds into the distance, or turned on again as it comes back into close view.

I don't see any sound effect at all?

All sounds good here.

Last edited:
Try flying the Harrier in away from you with the audio turned up.

Pay attention to the turbine whooshing sound.

As the plane goes away from you there sound is supposed to gradually die out...

Instead there are three discreet "notches" where you can hear the levels reduce ( actually it appears that the playback of a wave file is turned off at this point... ).

I've been able to reproduce this on two systems.

---

As for the "load delays"...

Boot up your computer... ( that assures that nothing is in cache... ).

Start G4.5 and take the plane up....

Loop and crash it immediately into the ground in "front" of you.

There is a noticeable and annoying pause as the audio is loaded.

There were reports of this when 4.0 first came out but one of the patches addressed and diminished this to a great extent...

Now of course there are many many more audio effects being loaded...

Notice the wheel spin sound effect? pretty nice... though I'm never close to a real plane enough to hear this in real life.

Last edited:
Hi

Just installed the G4.5 Beta :) :D

-------------------------------------------------
I noiticed, that when a jump out of the Sim (not closing it), and open ex. internet explore, I can still hear the Helicopter.
Heli is WAY to long to spul up!!!!!!
My Laptop can't handle the "Depht view" features.
goes down from 140 Frames pr. sec to 20 frames...
My custom and downlaoded Helis need to be tweak, otherwise they di hunt with the tail
I think the Blades scrap is to sentivesive.....
------------------------------------------------

What I MISSES:

SOUND: maybe the pop from V-blades could be added???
Misses V-blades scheme (had it on my G3.5
Engines should bog/loss RPM when using alot of tail, espcialley when doing righthanded piro stuff
A built in Timer Function, to Log how long flighttime (in air) used on the SIM
----------------------------------------------

I like the new ground stuff :)
Like the sim :D

ChopperKnud

Last edited:
Hm, I tried my best to crash any heli or plane, but they just don't break any more. Not even the stock aircrafts. Is this a problem with my installation or a general one?

Lmao

RCHUGHES said:
1. The Expansion Pack 5 Katana smoke when turned on, you can not turn it off. (dont know about rest of the planes) **Fixed** (Servo speed was changed)

2. How do you boot players ?? no boot menu ??

3. Helis take 5 years to spool up

3. press #1 on the keypad

Has anyone lost some color schemes with G4.5 as i have lost some, 2 had the names still there but no CS.Also takes longer to load the aircraft selection menu. i was flying for 30 mins and it locked up my computer had to shut down and restart i have never had this problem before.frames per sec are slower in the 3D fields but ok yet.I like a lot of the new features,noticed the wheels sink quite far in the grass and i like the way it reacts to the ground now with the sounds as well.A few bugs in it alright but thats what the beta is for.Thanks KE and for the new aircraft like the Shneider cup racer float plane love it.

Last edited:
Every transition was slower for me; loading the airport, selecting an aircraft, going into hover training, coming out of hover training, etc.

I'm running G4 on my T61 Lenovo with the built-in Mobile Intel 965 Express graphic card and things were just fine until I tried the G4.5 beta:
- Major distorsion in Graphics
- I can only see the lower part (half screen) of the regular airports whereas the upper part shows nothing but trails of the selected model
- Photofields are not loading at all, instead the model loads as if zoomed, filling the screen.
Has anyone experienced such behavior? Hope the released version will support the 965 Express cards like G4 does.

Maybe its a bug ?

Hi.

I can't type in any text in the Description-window for aircraft. (in the 4.5 version) :confused:

Dont manage to erase the text ttat say >No Description<

Hello from Leo TMFK Sweden

Leo2 said:
Hi.

I can't type in any text in the Description-window for aircraft. (in the 4.5 version) :confused:

Dont manage to erase the text ttat say >No Description<

Hello from Leo TMFK Sweden
That description field is for the person who created the aircraft, not the user.

On the F4F and F6F when the wings are folded they tend to move backward. Even if you do not allow them to fold the wings properly to fly they still will not move forward at full throttle. Any other wing fold, like my helldiver or the dauntless there is no issue at all with this.

4.5 Beta - LoadAircraft for Heli Training

Hi Developers

Great to see the continued improvement.

Here's a couple of items I have noticed on day 1:

1) I fly in mode 1 and have set the radio gadget to mode 1 to reflect this.

When I start Heli Hover Trainer, the "Get Ready" screen idicates that the collective stick should be set to neutral + 10%. The text is right, but it is highlighting the left stick instead of the right. It should link this to your radio gadget configuration to highlight the correct stick.

2) On the earlier version, I had suggested that the bind command for "LoadAircraft" should be accessible when running Heli Hover Training etc. I'd still love to see this included.

Regards

Acrow

Descriptions

That is a good point, I don't see descriptions anymore.

Thoughtful devs usually say what channel does what there, which is great.

How can I see descriptions?

DonaldT :cool:

I have been going over some of my CS and i see the Extra 300L in G4.5 with 2 of my CS have errors and i had to fix them in gimp any one else notice this problem.Some servos have the speed turned to 5.or more just had to adjust that then things were good.

Last edited:
I can't complete the installation/update.
I suffer from allot of errors during the download but the most problematic file is rfv45up21.dck.
usually this file gets an error @71079k. If it doesn't get the error message, it doesn't download all the 88mg that it has to download.
Eventually at the installation stage the program gets stuck and then when I am running the G4 it shows the opening screen of the 4.5 but gives error warnings that dlls are missing.

Why not?

jeffpn said:
That description field is for the person who created the aircraft, not the user.
Hi.

Thank's for answer. But I still can't understand why I can't type in text in this V4.5 version ?!

I could do it in the 3.5 and the earlier V4, but not in this 4.5 vesion. ?

I use to put in some information there, and I would like to do so also in this 4.5 version!

Leo TMFK Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back