G4.5 can't handle a user documents path that's on a network server.?

knud pedersen

Hi

I hvae just emailed this the RF
But does anybody else have a solution?

----------------------------------------------------
Hi,

I have installed the G4.5 on my working laptop.

First I could not start the lancher, when as was logged on as my working useres (F46734)
I then created a new local user (with admin rights).
from this Local user I can start the G4.5 with out any problems.

I then copied the files from Documents and setting, Local user (knud) G4 folders, into the working user F46734.

Now i can start the æauncher.
But, hen I start the G4.5 from the laucher this error comes:

KEError 32548 invalid file pool will be ignored:C:\program Files{RealflightG4\data\RFA0v1_g4 (F46734 v1).dck

And after that, there comesalot other errors…..
The sim starts, but it not working right.
It can find the right engine, models etc.

Last week we did formated my hole laptop.
Before that i could run the G4.5 from my working useres (F46734)
But i did do some tricks by copies some files from lacal user to the other user, back when i installed the G4 a couples of mounth ago….i just can't get to work now…

ChopperKnud
---------------------------------------------------

:( :(

Knud, just install it in the one account like you did, then you can run it in the other admin account. Don't move files around, though. Any updates must be done through the created account.

jeffpn

rights now i use the locak user when running my G4.5
but every time i want to do something else, i have to log off and on to my working user - that takes time :( ......time where i could have use on my sim :)

If the account that you like to use is an admin account, you can run RF from that account. I used to do it that way before I reformatted, due to M & D being the account name. You only need to use the RealFlight account to run the launcher, not the main program.

KE has mentioned that there is no intent to add network drive mapping support, nor roaming profile support.

In the few years that I've been on here, this has been asked for twice... and you are number two on that list!

I just bought FR G4 and have these same problems on my home computer. Unfortunately for me the solution sound like Greek to me The good news is that I should be able to recoup my money.
Is this a proble with the newer versions of RF?

What problems do you have? You said your on a home computer, but the OP's issue had to do with a network server. I bet your problem is having a '&' in your account name, or another illegal character.

I had the same issue way back when. Just create an admin account called RealFlight or something. Install RF from that account. Then you can run RF from your other account. (I reformatted my hard drive and started over!)

You must be running an older version of G4 if you're encountering that problem. G4.5 will work with that kind of account name. The problem for you will be updating from 4.0.

See this old post for more info. The link in that post is dead, but it looks like this direct link will still work.

Back