G4 Bug reports

There is a big big in multiplayer with aircraft spawning,if you look at these screenshots there is a problem with the position the aircraft is set at and it creats a pile up and we can no longer take off. The bug is present in both water and land based feilds.
Hope to see this fixed

Attachments

• ScreenShot1198637707.jpg
    ScreenShot1198637707.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 151
  • ScreenShot1198637674.jpg
    ScreenShot1198637674.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 174
  • ScreenShot1198637668.jpg
    ScreenShot1198637668.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 112
opjose said:
Just tell the first person to get out of the way! :D :D :D
Make them pay for it by giving them radio interference!
The sun shows fully even through thick cloud layers.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1198644882.jpg
    ScreenShot1198644882.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Here's a bug, i can't type more than 10 letters on multi, and it's getting anoying not being able to type.

I also can't delete missspellings with backspace so i will say messed up words half the time.

Last edited:
Another bug,if your in an airport with sound emmiters,and you change to a airport with no sound emmiters,you can still hear the sounds from the previouse airport.

Might i add that the aircraft spawn bug occurs most on water feild and any other G4 feild,it occurs much less on feilds that were in g3.5.
I'm not sure this is a bug or not but in the airport editor if you add a new object it will remain over solid ground but it goes under water instead of staying over the water surface,same thing happens with boats.

.dds and .tga everywhere

.dds .tga They are all over the place. In the .bse the ColorSchemeDirectory after an install gets directed to an O: drive instead of to the aircraft directory in CustomModels\aircraft directory or the Colorscheme directory under vehicles. Is this the directory Knife Edge originally used? Well it is not getting redirected properly during an import of an aircraft.

In the .colorscheme file you can tell G4 that the .dds and .tga are in the CustomModels\aircraft directory. The first line directs the ColorSchemeDirectory to its actual location under vehicles. Now if you "save as" a colorscheme it gets saved into the Colorschemedirectory rather than the custommodels\aircraft directory.

Why make it so much of a mess? Just put the colorscheme, tga, dds, and .bse into the folder for the particular aircraft. One place for most of the non-shared information for a particular aircraft.

BTW could I do this now my changing the .bse so the Colorscheme directory is directed to the custommodels\aircraft directory. Then move the .colorscheme to that directory?

meltingcube said:
Anyone else have the problem where the sim won't get out of full screen mode though the setting is set to no full screen?
did you try Alt + Enter?

The AT-6 Texan's wings go under ground on the occasion.
NOTE*No parts have been broken off the plane

Attachments

• ScreenShot1198958893.jpg
    ScreenShot1198958893.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 64
skubacb said:
BTW could I do this now my changing the .bse so the Colorscheme directory is directed to the custommodels\aircraft directory. Then move the .colorscheme to that directory?

Eh things are no different than they were with G3, except that instead of sourcing everything into C:\Program Files\RealflightG3, the hiearchy is now in "My Documents\RealflightG3"

The BSE files etc. were always in seperate folders to keep them away from things like the colorscheme.

Big bug here,look at the blades! I have included a screenshot with the right sized blade's,this occured after a crash ,then after that it stayed that way even after multiple resets! :mad:

Attachments

• ScreenShot1198981699.jpg
    ScreenShot1198981699.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 73
  • ScreenShot1198981720.jpg
    ScreenShot1198981720.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 64
  • ScreenShot1198981728.jpg
    ScreenShot1198981728.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 66
This bug is still here,whenever some one flys the nitro space walker it says they are flying the electric space walker.
This was first noticed in G3.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1199321484.jpg
    ScreenShot1199321484.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 61
Back