G4 controls are reversing (sometimes)

HeliG

I have G4 version 4.00.35

For some reason, the controls are reversing as I am flying my Trex 450SE V2. It only seems to happen when I am a distance away. I was able to control the flight with the reversed sticks and as I got closer, it fixed itself!

I originally thought I was losing my mind but I KNOW that it is happening. I have installed G4 on my home computer and laptop. I take the TX with me so I can practice where ever I am but it is happening on both.

Oh. And I do not have any of the flight failures turned on.

Thanks for the help.

Warren.

Last edited:
I'm betting this is operator error. Are you new to RC? When aircraft are far away, even in real life, it's easy to lose the orientation of it. So your sticks don't do what you think they should be doing. And then as it nears you, it's easy for you to see the aircraft's heading. I mean, c'mon, it only happens when the aircraft is far away, and then it fixes itself when it's nearer to you? :D

Flight failure

HeliG said:
I have G4 version 4.00.35

For some reason, the controls are reversing as I am flying my Trex 450SE V2. It only seems to happen when I am a distance away. I was able to control the flight with the reversed sticks and as I got closer, it fixed itself!

I originally thought I was losing my mind but I KNOW that it is happening. I have installed G4 on my home computer and laptop. I take the TX with me so I can practice where ever I am but it is happening on both.

Oh. And I do not have any of the flight failures turned on.

Thanks for the help.

Warren.

It also sounds like the flight failure mode could be on, just a thought

By default, flight failures are off. They would have to be turned on by the user. I don't think that a servo reversal would happen mid flight, as a flight failure.

Back