G4 Demo not loading!

JimNC54271

I have just downloaded and installed the G4 demo and upon loading the program I get an error report that says "Error creating effect PropDisk" and it happens when it is trying to load "Tweaking Alluvial Dampers". Does anyone else have this problem? KE, what gives?

JimNC54271 said:
I have just downloaded and installed the G4 demo and upon loading the program I get an error report that says "Error creating effect PropDisk" and it happens when it is trying to load "Tweaking Alluvial Dampers". Does anyone else have this problem? KE, what gives?

It means you just saved $200.

That's what a demo is for, if it runs on your system and you like what you see, then it goes on your buy list.

It also means your "Alluvial Dampers" can not be tweaked, nor your Blue shifted, etc. :D :D :D

Just downloaded the demo got the error message. then i goggled Direct X and went to microsoft page and downloaded version 10 and demo works fine now problems solved worked for me but may not for others. At least you will get the most up to date version of direct X. The direct X that downloads with the demo has an issue.

Just my 2 Cents
Other then that the demo is great i can use my interlink controller and sink a heli the Extra floats pretty good lol. takes a minute or 2 before it goes under.

But i think i will keep my 200 bucks i still say they could have may G3.5 upgradable to this version. they could have still made money off it that way.

I'll wait till they have the bugs worked out in a year or 2 buy then there will probably be a G4.5 then a couple more years G5.
But computers today probably wont be able to run G5 it will be working in terrahrtz or something like that.

Just think what will we have in 10 years from now sure hope its good. I dont understand why its so hard to fix the bugs in these sims:rolleyes:

Linkadrip said:
Just downloaded the demo got the error message. then i goggled Direct X and went to microsoft page and downloaded version 10 and demo works fine now problems solved worked for me but may not for others. At least you will get the most up to date version of direct X. The direct X that downloads with the demo has an issue.

I assume that you are running Vista, right?

i'm running Windows XP I ran some other games i have like Mediaval II Total war and the graphics look alot better now same with Eve online. So the newer version of Direct X version 10 helped alot of other high demand graphic applications too. :)

im also having problems. when it was loading it said that my card wasnt up to date(thats no problem it said the same thing when i installed g3.5 for the first time and it workerd perfectly) it says loading the airport and then message comes up saying"could not produce prop disks" or something like that, then i click ok, then it says that there was an unexpected error, would you like to send something blah blah blah. i tried instlling DX 10 and still wouldnt work.

harv

harv said:
im also having problems. when it was loading it said that my card wasnt up to date(thats no problem it said the same thing when i installed g3.5 for the first time and it workerd perfectly) it says loading the airport and then message comes up saying"could not produce prop disks" or something like that, then i click ok, then it says that there was an unexpected error, would you like to send something blah blah blah. i tried instlling DX 10 and still wouldnt work.

harv
you definitely have a graphic card issue. There is a G4 patch for some chipsets, but I don't know if the demo has the patch. What video card do you have?

Excellent

Great Demo!
I just installed it on my Thinkpad and was pleasantly surprised it worked smoothly.
I hadn't installed realflight on it because I didn't think it could handle it.

I'm glad I was wrong, I think G3.5 has just found a new home on the road.

jeffpn said:
you definitely have a graphic card issue. There is a G4 patch for some chipsets, but I don't know if the demo has the patch. What video card do you have?

i have a:

nvidia Geforce4 MX Integrated GPU

harv

I seem to remember someone else having trouble with the same card. The patch addressed Intel 900 series chipsets. I don't think it would apply to you. You would probably not get good results on that pc. Are your video drivers updated?

Linkadrip said:
i'm running Windows XP I ran some other games i have like Mediaval II Total war and the graphics look alot better now same with Eve online. So the newer version of Direct X version 10 helped alot of other high demand graphic applications too. :)

Eh, unfortunately DX10 DOES NOT install in XP unless you have used the hack floating around the internet. In turn that hack is unreliable.

This was/is Microshaft's marketing ploy to force game players to move up to Vista.

Want DX10, then upgrade... according to them.

Attempting to install DX10 SHOULD cause it NOT to replace anything... but it may have forced your system to pull the old files from the prefetch directory if they have been replaced or corrupted by something else, that may have cured the problem...

jeffpn said:
I seem to remember someone else having trouble with the same card. The patch addressed Intel 900 series chipsets. I don't think it would apply to you. You would probably not get good results on that pc. Are your video drivers updated?

im not sure, but when g4 installed it had to install the DX9.

harv

harv said:
im not sure, but when g4 installed it had to install the DX9.

harv
Having DX9 installed does not make your system compliant, the video hardware has to be DX9 capable.
If this is a desktop PC then you can upgrade it via a new video card, if it's a laptop then no you're out of luck.

JimNC45271, and anyone else who is getting the "Error creating effect PropDisk" error.

During the installation of the demo you should have been prompted with a DirectX install also. Did you accept the install, and still have the problem? Or did you pass on installing the version of DirectX that came with it?

Dusty, I did BOTH.

Dusty, I did both things. I had the directX install from the demo first. And when I tried to do the install without accepting the directX install, it quit the setup process. I have looked at my video card specs and it's only DirectX 8.1 compliant but I am still able to run my 3.5 which requires DX9. I already have DX9.0c on this machine and have not had any compatibility issues with other software that require DX9. I have an nVidia GeForce4 MX4000 Plus 128MB DDR PCI card that outperforms ATI Radeon 7000 PCI. I hate to think that I'd have to invest another 150-200 on a video card to run G4 when I can run G3.5 that has pretty much the same requirements. Thank You for a great product.

JimNC54271,

Unfortunately it looks like the GeForce MX4000 is not compatible, the reason is because it does not support pixel shaders at all. A lot of the new rendering features in G4 require at least pixel shader 1.4. I looked for your card and found this one http://www.gpureview.com/GeForce-MX4000-card-130.html. Notice under Details where it says PS/VS Version: Dot3/T&L, that implies that it's fixed function (no pixel/vertex shader support).

Dusy Eveland-DeWan

Back