G5 Activation

phrank

Ahemm.... Oh no, I got new thread-itis. :D (Hey, Jim said it was OK)

KE Dudes, can you elaborate on the new Activation scheme for G5?

Will I still be able to drag my interlink along to play G5 in another PC?

According to what I saw earlier today, you plug in your serials, and then you get an activation key. What you do with it would be up to you. In other words, that key is good for your serials only, and your must have your Interlink. So, if you are able to install RF on your desktop and laptop now, I see no reason that plugging in a 3rd unique number would change anything.

http://activation.knifeedge.com/RealFlightG5/

KE Dudes, can you elaborate on the new Activation scheme for G5?

Each install must be activated before the software can run. As long as you have an internet connection, the process is automatic. If you want to run on a machine that lacks internet, there are more primitive options available, including telephone activation.

Will I still be able to drag my interlink along to play G5 in another PC?

Yes.

Jim

Excellent!
Didn't really want to share my Dream Machine with the kids.

.....Here's the Interlink, go play in your room... :p

Jeeves, phrank! You wouldn't have kids try to plug your interlink into that Nintendo DS, would you? :D

Charles

Hey, now you're thinking!
Realflight Basic with Kombat for Xbox, Playstation, Wii, PSP, DSi for the kids.

That'll sell at least a couple copies in this household.

Will I still be able to have the software installed on several computers and move the controller from computer to computer?

jbourke said:
Each install must be activated before the software can run. As long as you have an internet connection, the process is automatic. If you want to run on a machine that lacks internet, there are more primitive options available, including telephone activation.

Yes.

Jim

Always being the sceptic... I assumed that could mean Microsoft caveman style activation... where you were only given one activation, or you had to inactivate one installation to install on another. Right now, I install on multiple computers, and plug in to the available machine not doing "real" work.

jeffpn said:
Jim answered that same question for phrank in post#4.

12oclockhigh said:
Will I still be able to have the software installed on several computers and move the controller from computer to computer?

Yes.

As long as "several" doesn't mean something like "hundreds". We will monitor the activation patterns, of course.

Jim

jbourke said:
As long as "several" doesn't mean something like "hundreds". We will monitor the activation patterns, of course.
This is good to know.

I do have G3 install across 3 Computers now, My Game Machine, Work Machine and my laptop. Each time I had to call Tech support and unregister one computer and do the other one.

G4 is only my work machine. I'm not sure where I'll install G5 heheheh My poor laptop will not handle G4 so G5 is out of the question.

Yes, that is exactly what I mean... I am talking three or four machines. And I have two copies of RF.... With the interlink being the key, it keeps it honest and flexible.

jbourke said:
Yes.

Jim

I've got multiple installs on my machines. Due to some boneheaded Windows 7 installs and whatnot, I've had to reinstall RealFlight more times than I'd like to.

You can't make things idiot proof...there are just too many idiots out there (looking in mirror). :eek:

One bonehead install was corrupted by incomplete files in a Data directory I imported.

This happened not once, but (you guessed it) twice!

BTW, RealFlight G4.5 runs fantastically on a fresh, final edition Windows 7. Couldn't be happier.

Just wish Monday would get here...faunching at the bit to get G5 going. :D

Charles

Last edited:
Back