G5 and 64 bit compatibility

wolffer

is G5 compatable with 64 bit operating system? multiplayer problems and today I reinstalled realflight and I now have the top windows tab to exit out and minimize the program ? I thought you had to exit out of the simulation tab till now.

I've been running Win 7 64 bit on my laptop with no issues whatsoever.

I think your having a full screen or windowed prob. I have had this problem before with XP also. I believe it is a simple setting?

Anybody else want to chime in here?

Last edited:
well now that the g5 is flakey on my computer now I am wasting my time installing g4.5 to see if issues go away.my new router didn,t do squat.

It's not a 64 bit problem. RF runs fine on XP 64, Vista 64, and Win 7. But you can have a configuration problem with any OS and it'll shoot you down. You'll need to provide a lot more info, before anyone here will be able to help you. "Flakey" and "router problems" don't give us much to work on.

Last edited:
hit alt enter ? i was doing that to go to full screen.the tab above that one when not in full screen. the tab with the red X.

I guess I don't understand what your issue is. I thought you were saying that you did not want to see the exit out and minimize objects in the sim.

I am running G5 on a quad core i7 system, 64 bit, three monitors with only one error messages. It seems to have resolved itself. I was told that the error message had to with direct X.

But, again, running great on Windows 7, 64 bit, two Geforce 260 video cards.

Support told me that there is no problem with 64 bit systems.

Back