G5

RFRulez said:
wow. now this is like the final countdown. oh and jbourke do you knoe EXACTLY when g5 is coming out :)

Soon. It's on display at the iHobby trade show this weekend.

Great Planes is in charge of the release. Contact your local hobby dealer to ask when it will come available at their location.

Jim

jbourke said:
Soon. It's on display at the iHobby trade show this weekend.

Great Planes is in charge of the release. Contact your local hobby dealer to ask when it will come available at their location.

Jim

I've got a question for you: if the release of g5 is supposedly late October, then why is towerhobbies.com saying on their website sometime in November??

http://www.towerhobbies.com/
Purchasers after October 1 receive an absolutely FREE upgrade to G5 when it arrives in November upon request (USA and Canada only.) Get all this for just $199.98! Easy Pay eligible!

I am not in a position where I can determine where it will be in stock and at what time. I do know that it is being shown at the iHobby trade show in Chicago this weekend and that we can expect it to ship shortly after.

I suggest you contact your local hobby dealer and ask them when they expect to have it in.

Jim

just curious,

are you reading it as
The release is late, it is coming in October.
and
It was originally planned for November.

that would be confusing.

or are you asking about the Price $199.00 for G4.5 with free up grade to G5(upon arrival of stock)

OK

Just in case.

You buy G4.5 now for $199.00 and get G4.5 with Elite controller.
later when the G5 software CD is in stock. one of them is yours.

this way, as a "I want to fly, today, but don't want to wait till G5 arrives" type of person, then I can go ahead and make the Purchase and then wait with G4.5 in my hands already.

Really, I thought the Late October thing was your true question.

PS Pretty cool SN you got there. Don't Squint to much over this post. Just do half the Job ;)

Last edited:
Go to Tower!! ITS IN STOCK!!! ALL OF THEM MODE 1 AND 2 AND THE 80 DOLLAR UPGRADE!! Limited Quantities

Last edited:
Sean Sheley said:
Go to Tower!! ITS IN STOCK!!! ALL OF THEM MODE 1 AND 2 AND THE 80 DOLLAR UPGRADE!! Limited Quantities

Not necessarily true.

This is from my Tower invoice:

Date Placed,9-Oct-2009 Order Total, $.00 Order Status, Invoiced, Awaiting Product From Manufacturer

The reason the order total is $.00 is they don't charge till they ship.

Looks to be real soon though.

As jbourke mentioned, people who ordered early will be getting the first copies :)

Last edited:
HI YA'LL..!!!
I Know Iv'e Been M.I.A. ....
but have been lurking
just my 2 cents...........
theluthier said:
I guess this horse is dead, but I'm gonna beat it one more time.

I'm supposing with this announcement there will be no more fixes for G4. If true, that's disappointing given the amount of stuff that doesn't work. there's no indication that what was not working in G4 is either a) fixed in G5, b) carried over as a problem to fix, or c) dropped from the feature list.

I could not care less about the G5 features announced so far, but I sure would like some of the things that don't work in G4 fixed.
Regards
Michael
luthier........
Amen brother!!
like the G4.5
aircraft and airport editers prob.s ( just to name 2 )

Some of the G5 features are very cool
but still would like to see some kind of glider tow/winch/bungee feature!!!! ;) ;) ;)
and the ability to choose to not be harrased ("shot down")
by others on line if i choose to "not participate"...... kinda like a "Ignore" in reverse

Last edited:
Events in previous versions have always been obligatory. The only way to opt out of an event is to leave the session and find a session where they are not having an event.

Back