G6 on G3 controller

shaggybirdman

ok. will G6 work on my G3 controller. here's my problem. i got a good deal on G3 with G3.5 upgrade, and expansion pack 1+2. i found the upgrade for G3.5 to G5.5 on evil bay.

here's the problem. the seller listed 2, but only had 1. he's being upfront about the listing problem. he has offered to refund my money, give me a great deal on the G6 upgrade (no good i got G3.5), or he will pull the G6 software plus the mega plains pack from a complete G6.

asked him how much more for the full G6 package. i hope not too much because that's the option i'd prefer. i want the new controller.

yes others have upgraded to 6 with a G3 controller
you wont be able to use the rewind feature in 6
I think thats the only limitation
JMO............
stay away from e-bay and people willing to "Pull" complete sets apart :eek:
(you need the interlink serials to register RF6 because its not an upgrade disc. ! .................It'd kinda be pointless
you can upgrade (legitimately )from 3 to 6 for about $50 at tower hobbies on line
And I believe the full RF6 with interlink is around $200 (mega pack extra I think? , someone will chime in if I'm wrong about that

Last edited:
And if you are a member of Tower's "Super Saver" you may get the upgrade a bit cheaper too...

So consider if this so called "good deal" from Evil-Bay really is?

Unless he is charging you LESS than $40.00 for an unopened copy, you may want to rethink.

I just upgraded from G3.5 "Interlink Plus" to G6 upgrade for $29.99 shipped from Tower and it works great. Thanks for the "New Year" deal :D

~Rewind works by holding the reset button down I think, I don't use it.

Back