General Atomics MQ-9 Reaper ... how come it isn't in RealFlight 9?

jgreenhow

Recently purchased the software download for RF9 (from Horizon Hobby) and the MQ-9 is not available. The aircraft list on the website and the advertisement video shows that the MQ-9 is included in RF9, but I do not have it ... is there something I can download to fix this? I sent a message to tech support over a week ago and haven't heard anything.

Some of the planes that were in RF7/7.5 are no longer in RF9 due to licensing issues. I believe the Reaper is one of them unfortunately. If I load the older program which is still on my PC then it's there.

Someone should find out for sure the reason it is not in RF9, then post the e-mail address for public relations at General Atomic. That way we could all bombard them for not sharing a design that the United States paid for.

Someone should find out for sure the reason it is not in RF9, then post the e-mail address for public relations at General Atomic. That way we could all bombard them for not sharing a design that the United States paid for.

Woooooooooooooow really? Didn't expect to see you post something like that, haha~ That caught me off guard. Nothing wrong, just amusing. (:)

There was another post about a missing plane someone loaded a CS for and Ryan Douglas stated that was why it was missing. So I assume that is why this plane is missing also.

It would be nice to see a list of all the planes that were dropped between 7.5 and 9 but there isn't one I know of.

Woooooooooooooow really? Didn't expect to see you post something like that, haha~ That caught me off guard. Nothing wrong, just amusing. :))
I just happen to like the Reaper. These are CAG images only. Come on, it is not like we have never seen them. Flying them in the sim does not help anyone fly one in real life.

It would be nice to see a list of all the planes that were dropped between 7.5 and 9 but there isn't one I know of.

I want to see classic G2/G3/ETC aircraft or expected them, to be ported to the newer RealFlight, I miss the nostalgia of the Dolphin Heli, the Splitzer that had the Dolphin frame, the Impala from G3, and other classic aircraft, mostly since I started Sim training with G2 when I was 4 or so.

Come on, it is not like we have never seen them. Flying them in the sim does not help anyone fly one in real life.
I live in the Middle East, so, it really helps me... Huehue. :devilish:

I want to see classic G2/G3/ETC aircraft or expected them, to be ported to the newer RealFlight, I miss the nostalgia of the Dolphin Heli, the Splitzer that had the Dolphin frame, the Impala from G3, and other classic aircraft, mostly since I started Sim training with G2 when I was 4 or so.
:devilish:

It (RF9) does have a section called "Realflight Legacy Aircraft" when you go to select one. But some are missing that used to be there. I do have the Dolphin, Spritzer, and Impala helis in RF9 because I installed the heli mega pack.

Licensing issues did require us to remove a handful of aircraft from the original 9.0 release.

Thankfully we were able to reenable most of those in the 9.00.022 update. As of right now, the only ones left on the exclusion list are the General Atomics MQ-9 Reaper and the old Add-Ons 2 F-16. The latter will become available once again in an upcoming update. Unfortunately there has been no change on the MQ-9 Reaper status.

We recently became aware that the Reaper is still listed on the RealFlight website. We have mentioned it to our publisher so they can correct that.

Back when we released RealFlight 6.0, we moved a number of outdated helis from the main product to the Helicopter Mega Pack. I'm going through quickly so this list may not be complete, but it looks like that included the Dolphin (2 variants), Finch, Foiler (2 variants), Impala (2 variants), Spritzer, Sun Dog, and Watt Not.

Thanks Ryan for letting us know about the missing aircraft (y) . If they won't allow the built in Reaper to come back maybe one of the modelers will do one to take it's place.

I'm old so it's nice to fly the flybar helis now and then from back in the day. I own a Hirobo Shuttle Plus that I still fly.

I'm old so it's nice to fly the flybar helis now and then from back in the day. I own a Hirobo Shuttle Plus that I still fly.

No way! I just did a flight on my Shuttle Plus II and uploaded a video to Facebook a few days back! Off-topic but neat!

Back