getting a new computer

Buy a copy of RF-8 it's designed to work with Windows 10 and has the necessary DX9 files it needs integrated with it's install process so you don't have to worry about doing something wrong, and RF-8 is a very nice upgrade for you. It's okay to have DX9 installed with DX12 if it's done properly so don't worry about that part.

i was thinking of looking at rf8, let me ask this, does it integrate or replace dx12? meaning after its installed and running, when i look up on my computer will it say i have dx12 or will it say dx9? not sure how much difference there actually is, reading stuff online some say 9 is good, just some visual lighting effects were better in the newer version, not sure its something i would even notice since rf8 is about the only "game" i see using anyway, im not into all that other gamming stuff out there but i am curious if it will replace 12

i was thinking of looking at rf8, let me ask this, does it integrate or replace dx12? meaning after its installed and running, when i look up on my computer will it say i have dx12 or will it say dx9? not sure how much difference there actually is, reading stuff online some say 9 is good, just some visual lighting effects were better in the newer version, not sure its something i would even notice since rf8 is about the only "game" i see using anyway, im not into all that other gamming stuff out there but i am curious if it will replace 12

RF8 still uses DX9 and has some special files not normally found in other DX9 install software. The required version of DX9 and the special files needed are automatically installed when you install RF8.

Your computer system will still have DX12 installed and the DXDiag tool will show you the same, but the required DX9 files are also there too.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    26.6 KB · Views: 5
interesting....is that different than if i continued the installation with the rf5 i had?...i guess 8 would be better in some other ways in general tho ...after looking on tower i have the interlink plus controller which i read will work with 8, other than the rewind button is there an advantage to buying with a new controller ?

Back