Getting Back In The Game

abaser

After my Max 2012 license ran out, I got out of modeling since I could no longer model for the sim. However, with RF8 allowing the use for any version, and a recent injury, I think I'll try to get back into modeling a little. There is a catch though. Due to personal reasons, I don't plan on buying RF8 so I'll get the models ready to import and see if anyone wants to volunteer to finish the process of getting the model into RF and ready to upload. I've got a pile of files that are incomplete so I figure I'll start with a few of those and try to get the more complete models ready. The first of which is the Sebart Miss Wind. Some minor modeling work to do and quite a bit of CS work, but this one is pretty close.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 10
After my Max 2012 license ran out, I got out of modeling since I could no longer model for the sim. However, with RF8 allowing the use for any version, and a recent injury, I think I'll try to get back into modeling a little. There is a catch though. Due to personal reasons, I don't plan on buying RF8 so I'll get the models ready to import and see if anyone wants to volunteer to finish the process of getting the model into RF and ready to upload. I've got a pile of files that are incomplete so I figure I'll start with a few of those and try to get the more complete models ready. The first of which is the Sebart Miss Wind. Some minor modeling work to do and quite a bit of CS work, but this one is pretty close.

No problem I'll be happy to import them in RF-8 and do an export for you. The nice thing is an RF-8 model will import into RF 7.5 fine even if it is beyond the 27k limit so I can import it into RF-8 do and export and then your can import that file into RF 7.5 and do the physics for it.

good to see your getting back into the modeling Andy i know you have a list of models that need finishing and those will be excellent additions to the swaps

Spent the night finishing the control surfaces, creating smoothing groups, linking, and setting pivots. I think all that's left on this one to be ready to export into RF is to rework the mapping and finish the CS. I may go ahead and add servos, control horns and rods, and cabane mounts, but not sure yet. Feels good to get back to modeling again.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Looking real nice Andy, I`m still on the fence with RF8, Nothing wrong with it, from what I can see, It`s just that 6.5 serves my purpose right now. I may get 8, just so I can do CS`s on more recent models, I`ve just got to get back in the mood again. SO, my point is, perhaps you should consider 8, just for the increased polys alone, That makes it a whole new world for modelers .....However, I do respect your reasons for holding off for now. Just my thoughts,..... RF needs more inspiration from modelers and CS`mers. YOU and a bunch of others ( you know who they are )got me into those two aspects of RF. Anyway, looking forward to seeing what you`ve got left in the basket of unfinished models, and hoping you have something new up your sleeve for the future. You also said you had an injury ?? Get well soon ;)

Couldn't help myself. RF8 is now in my hands. So I thought I'd have a little fun with it tonight. :D

Attachments

• ScreenShot1513404500.jpg
    ScreenShot1513404500.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 16
  • ScreenShot1513404525.jpg
    ScreenShot1513404525.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 18
Couldn't help myself. RF8 is now in my hands. So I thought I'd have a little fun with it tonight. :D
Nice to see / hear Andy, hopefully it will inspire you to get back into all that you`ve done in the past, sometimes, we all need a hiatus from what we love to do. Nice to see you make that first step. ;)

NICE ! You know helicopters do that stuff better .. LOL :D

Ha! Not for me they don't. :p

Actually, I've got a little trick that'll let me hover anything for as long as I want, and NEVER touch my interlink to correct it.;)

Last edited:
Been out the past week after having to rush my son to the hospital Monday but I'm putting in a little work tonight while I'm home with my daughter. Got the physics started on the Katana and waiting response from a few trusted guys here. While I wait on that, think I'll try and tone down the gloss a little bit. Hopefully this one will be up around Christmas pending my sons release from the hospital.

Back